This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Mesh zigbee ikea tradfri doesn't extend mesh zigbee hue?

Hi,

I have a problem. In my network  I have zigbee light bulbs from ikea but also 2 hue bulbs and a hue bridge. Sometimes when I wan't to  activate my hue bulb at the third floor it doesn't react or react slowly. I tought that it could be because of low signal  (bridge is on the first floor) but then I tought that it should be a mesh-network and my my ikea zigbee bulb (on the second floor) should be extend the signal. But in my zigbee network I don't see the Hue bulbs or bridge. Why is this?

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    wjay said:

Hi,

I have a problem. In my network  I have zigbee light bulbs from ikea but also 2 hue bulbs and a hue bridge. Sometimes when I wan't to  activate my hue bulb at the third floor it doesn't react or react slowly. I tought that it could be because of low signal  (bridge is on the first floor) but then I tought that it should be a mesh-network and my my ikea zigbee bulb (on the second floor) should be extend the signal. But in my zigbee network I don't see the Hue bulbs or bridge. Why is this?

That's because your Hue lights are connected to your Hue bridge and are not connect with your Homey (yes you see the ligh at your device page but it's connected by (internet) API of your Hue bridge. If you want to use the lights for your mesh you need to connect your Hue lights directly to Homey with the other Philips Hue app from the app store but that can be tricky because you need to reset the bulbs in the right way
  • okay it is no problem that I don't  see them, but does it extend the mesh network? 
  • SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited December 2017
    As long as your tradfri are connected to Homey and your Hue lights are connected via your Hue bridge, the lights are on a different Zigbee network so they don’t extend the mesh. As Lubbert said, your Hue lights must be connected to Homey in stead of your Hue bridge to extend the mesh.

Edit:
    You can also pair your tradfri lights with your Hue bridge to extend the mesh, but I think your ikea dimmer will not work then. I don’t know if you are using scenes/groups for your Hue lights, because those are not supported yet when you pair the lights directly to Homey @wjay.
  • oke thank you very much @Skorpion and @lubbertkramer , I will try to pair my tradfiri lights to the Hue bridge. If everything works the same (using flows and scenes) thent its the best option to make a more wider mesh, I think. I will connect the dimmer directly to homey (as it is now) and use it to start flows or something like that.