This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Define Fibaro switch or dimmer as LAMP

Is it possible to define a Fibaro switch or dimmer as LAMP so I can use Homey's standard functionality for LAMP? I have given the switch a name like LAMP BADKAMER but when I ask Homey to switch it on or off it replies with something like "I couldn't find any lamps to switch on or off".

Do I overlook something or is this build in functionality only available for real LAMPS like Philips HUE?

Comments

• The dimmer is a light by default, when you include the switch you get the option for "a light attached", so you will need to re-include it.
  • Okay. Do I need to redo the setup (remove and add) by the 3 times push or is there an easier way?
  • When the dimmer is a light by default why do I get the message that Homey does not see any lights?
  • 3 times push is also possible with the switch attached to S1.

Probably because it has the name light in it, none of the devices can have the word "light" in the name to let it work.
  • Thanks for the tip, that makes life easier. I will change the name and see what happens.
  • Tried another name and reinstalled the device but the Fibaro dimmer 2 is not being recognized as light unfortunately. Somebody a clue?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    sorry, see next..
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    caseda said:
    The dimmer is a light by default, when you include the switch you get the option for "a light attached", so you will need to re-include it.
    It's not the devices "Name" you should change but the connected device should be "Lamp or Light attached" during pairing
  • Problem is that I do not get the question if it needs to be a "Lamp" during pairing of a Dimmer 2. From @caseda I understand a Dimmer 2 should be Lamp by default.
  • @MariusBrand and none of your other devices have "light" in/as their name? Or even zone names can mess it up
  • Will rename all and check again.