This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to make a flow that tell which devices are on?

Hi,
I'm trying to make a flow that can check if all lights (in this case) are turned off in a zone AND in case they aren't, report which are still on.
However, device flow cards in "THEN" only support turning stuff on/off - not reporting which are on/off instead - and I need the information, not the reaction in this case.

The trigger is a combination of presence status and time (irrelevant for the question) and I use the flow card "Devices are all turned off" with relevant device type and zone in "AND" - this part is pretty straightforward - if something is turned on, the "THEN" will be triggered.
However, device flow cards in "THEN" only support turning stuff on/off - not reporting which are on/off instead.
One solution, making a flow for each and every device reporting if it is on, based on the trigger criterias is, well, almost futile.
Another is dragging all tags for relevant devices to a Papertrails flow card and then inspect the log for true/false values...

But
Can it be done in a more elegant way?
(Will make a feature request on GitHub to the flow cards, but ideas for solving it are welcome)

Comments

• JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    In a flow, you can check in the AND column for many devices if they are all off, and react on that in the THEN and ELSE columns.

You also can make a flow that switches OFF, all lights that you want to be OFF, it does no harm switching OFF, devices that are already OFF.

Maybe you can do something with https://github.com/athombv/com.athom.homeyscript

I know this not exactly what you asked for, but can give you some ideas, I hope.

• @JPe: Been there, done that ;-)
    Checking whether everything/something is on is easy - and definitely the flow cards made for this is very useful - especially to avoid making a flow that checks devices on an individual basis.

But you're right - I just want the info, not the reaction - turning off stuff isn't the problem.
    And if I was a script-kiddie, my life would probable be quite different - but I'm still looking for time to learn coding :-)