This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

NAS-PD01Z distance issue

Hi guys,

Recently received my Neo Coolcam NAS-PD01Z sensor, european version.

Connecting it to the Homey went fine and within a distance of +/- 5 m it works perfectly. Obvious when i move the sensor to the 1st floor it detects motion, Homey records that, but when the sensor is laying on the 1st floor it won't send the 'off' signal anymore.

The distance through the walls is about 4 to 5 meter i guess, got 2 more Neo Coolcam doorsensors, they work perfectly. Same distance. It's not that there has been used heavy concrete or something on the main floor, just those white soft bricks. The ceiling/floor is concrete ofcourse, but that shouldn't matter, right?

Is there anything that i can try? Maybe play with some parameters or so?
Thanks in advance.

Groeten,

Joey

Comments

• Well there should also be no war in the world... To bad perfection is so hard to find.
     Ground rule is 8 meters of z-wave range. A brick will could lower this, but that can also be a signal from another device at youre place or even the babycam from the neigbours.

Houses from 1972 to about 1980 even had metal granules mixed into the concrete for floors and walls. Imagine what that will do to the signal.

Just expand youre Z-Wave strenght bij creating a nice mesh spiderweb network with 220v powered z-wave devices.
    The 220v powered z-wave devices work as repeaters.

You could have found this info and more in the centralized NEO Z-wave app forum topic.
    I know the search in this forum is bad but it should have popped up in a Neo search