This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Flow when electricity goes down

MarcelklimMarcelklim Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
I have a plug from fibaro. It does have several parameters. What I see is that it recognizes if electricity is on 0r off. How do I make a flow to report that electricity went off. This is critical for one specific electrical device in my home. Suggestions are very welcome.
Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    Just take a look at the topic flow that works, you could use the idea for a washingmachine that is ready :)
  • Thx this will work for me
  • At this moment it does not work. The way the flow should work is as if there is a electricity fall. So all electricity goes down, also homey goes down. In my flow i had a push notice, but i do not receive that notice when I turn off the electricity. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    At this moment it does not work. The way the flow should work is as if there is a electricity fall. So all electricity goes down, also homey goes down. In my flow i had a push notice, but i do not receive that notice when I turn off the electricity. 

But when the power of Homey goes down there will be nothing to send because Homey is offline :) If you use Homey on a UPS/external battery your plug will stay seeing power

Describe better what you want to do, wich device, what kind of plug (brand/signal) can help us to help you :) 
  • I use a fibaro plug. When electricity goes down, my wifi network goes down and also homey goes down. Is there a way to get afterwards a message? 
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited December 2017
    I use a fibaro plug. When electricity goes down, my wifi network goes down and also homey goes down. Is there a way to get afterwards a message? 
    Out off band Management as seen in complex IT environments is omitted in Homey as all Friends and Husbands already have an Alerting system* for broken Wifi,  Internet and Home Automation.

* aka Yelling Wife, Girlfriend or kids......
  • Yeeah  :D :D
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited December 2017
    But to try to alert whenever Homey just started use the Candy App and send an Push notification on this trigger:

• I have my home made UPS which keep alive Homey, the router, NAS and a couple of surveillance cameras. There is also a relay which is wired into a Fibaro Universal Sensor. When the main power goes off, then the relay drops its contacts and I get a notification.