This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How long after a flow command will the LED ring be active?

canedjecanedje Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help

I'm a newby here.

I try to find but see no answer.
If you chose the LED ring to show a color as part of a flow, how long will this be active?
Or do you need to active deactivate the LED ring again after a while by a other command by your self?

Thanks.

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    canedje said:

I'm a newby here.

I try to find but see no answer.
    If you chose the LED ring to show a color as part of a flow, how long will this be active?
    Or do you need to active deactivate the LED ring again after a while by a other command by your self?

Thanks.

This will stay active until you disable it yourself with another flow (or timeout in the same flow) :) 
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the answer, clear. How to make a timeout?
  • canedje said:
    Thanks for the answer, clear. How to make a timeout?
    Below the  card change ledring you post another card change ledring and at the clock (upper right in the card) you can set a timeout of x seconds/minutes  that the card will be executed 

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks again.It is working. B)

• OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited December 2017
    I created a few flows that select my prefered default screensaver or a few standard warning signals.
    These flows can be triggered from other flows.

So when I sometimes want to use a different 'LED ring signal', I select it with an action-card, followed by an action card with 15 seconds delay that starts my 'default screensaver flow'.

Advantage: If you ever want to change your default screensaver, you only need to do that in your 'default screensaver flow'... all the other flows that use the 'default screensaver flow' will then start the new selection.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    Thans. Good advise.
    But i like to recognise the message by the type of screensaver