This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

[Solved] Obs i couldn't reach the server after restart

ssstesoessstesoe Member
edited November 2017 in Archive
Hi,
The home says obs i couldn't reach the server after restart. It seems that Homey forgot my wireless settings every time it is restarted. I need to turn it up and down and reconfigure it. I using two Unifi AP Pro connected to a virtual network with VLAN 101. Router is Fortinet FortiGate 50E conencted direct to internet via fibre connection with 100 Mbit/s.

Thank's in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Strange it loses connection, 
    My Homeys are connected to one Unifi AP Pro without that problem.

Can you see the WiFi connection of Homey in the AP/controller?
    Does Homey get an IP address from your DHCP server after a Restart?
    Is Homey connected and the local Web interface reachable and/or ping-able on the local LAN after a restart?
    Is the Time on you Homey correct after a restart? 

With such nice equipment I guess you can create a good informative issue on Github here https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues following the contributing guidelines. 

The Msg from Homey "Oops I couldn't reach the server please try again later" can also happen when Homey is connected to your LAN and the local web interface works but the Time is incorrect. 
    If the Local web interface is reachable but it is still (cloud) dis-connected you can send a Log to Athom.

Depending on the Issue Athom and Community members will help you further.
  • Does youre Fortinet have a quarantine netwerk for unknown devices ?
    Could be homey reacts to slow or shows something diverent as id before it does a cloud connect.
    You could place the mac of homey in the Always allowed list. Fortinet is a pro in security, could be its threating homey a bit hard.
  • ssstesoessstesoe Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you for fast response!

Homey connecting to the WIFI and receives an IP address. Two Unifi on same SSID on diffenent locations acts at roaming because of the size of our house. For some reason, Homey using the Unifi farest way from it. Signal -46 dBm and 65 Mbps.

I can reach its web-interface but got a message that the browser is not supported.  Home application can reach Homey as well. I got an error when trying to sending log to Athom so it must be something between Homey and Internet.

The time is of interest if it can be an issue. How does I checking that?

There is no rules defined the Fortinet router. I hope all ports are forwarded to WAN because i specified * to select all ports on TCP.

• ssstesoessstesoe Member
    edited November 2017
    Ok, It was a time issue. I set the FortiGate 50E to act as NTP time server listening on the guest network and Homey got the correct time. With correct time, it successfully connects to Homey cloud and problem solved.

Thank you for excellent support!

• Great, a Time server / reliable time is important,
    just ignore the "Browser is not supported" as long as you use Chrome ;-)
    thanks for your response and have Phun!
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion has been solved and therefore closed.
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators

This discussion has been closed.