This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

TRÅDFRI dimmer slow

Hello,

I just bought a homey, 2 TRÅDFRI lights and a TRÅDFRI wireless dimmer.

The lights work fine but when I create a flow to set the lights brightness to the value of the dimmer when the dimmer is turned, it is very slow.

I turn the dimmer but a second later the lights go brigher or less bright and it is always too much at once. It should just be instant like this video here:

Please let me know what I can do to make this better, maybe I should create a new flow with other settings or a firmware update can solve this issue.

Comments

• This is a known issue of the dimmer connected to Homey. you can play something with the sensitivity but I think it won't get much better.
    Even a direct connection between bulb and dimmer doesn't work that accurate and smooth as we are used to with old physical dimmers. 
  • This is a known issue of the dimmer connected to Homey. you can play something with the sensitivity but I think it won't get much better.
    Even a direct connection between bulb and dimmer doesn't work that accurate and smooth as we are used to with old physical dimmers. 
    Are there plans to solve this? And do you have an example to lower the sensivity? Currently the dimmer is totaly not usable as I would be turning the button forward and back for an hour before I finally get the good result.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited November 2017
    Buy another dimmer? It looks nice but works shitty, even when directly connected (imho that is).
  • I don't think there are even (wireless) dimmers in zwave nor zigbee that are instant, even the hue dimmer (buttons!) via their own bridge takes about a second or 2 to even start dimming, and then dims in steps of 6-8 or so percent, not fluent.

Most, if not all, wireless spinning dimmers work in timeout basis, so turn starts the timeout, and stays in timeout until you stop spinning for X amount of milliseconds (usually somewhere between 150ms and 300ms what the sensitivity changes) before it sends the end value.

If it would be faster/fluent it will completely overrule/push away all other wireless data.