This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flows with "sun goes down in 20 minutes" do not work

Hi all, 

I bought Homey in my previous house, and had a quite simple flow there which turned on some lights when "zon gaat onder" in '20 minutes'. It did not work at first, because of a bug where Homey did not successfully locate it's position, and therefore the date_human was empty, as was the actual location. 

After getting help from here, I manually corrected this, and I set it to the location of my new house (which is only 4 streets away in the same city, so short distance). The thing is...the flow based on "sun goes down in 20 minutes" worked fine on  the old adress. Now it doesn't work, and I haven't changed the flow. The only thing different is the Wifi network and the physical location of Homey (another street). 

I have checked those nerd settings already, but it seems to have the correct location and time_human is correct too. The other flows work fine. For instance, I have a flow that turns on the lights when it is raining, and 2 nights ago, it turned on the lights 3 times in the middle of the night, but that flow does NOT use "sunset in... X minutes" as a trigger. 

So what is going on here? What am I missing/what is going wrong? 

Comments

• This is the flow that is not working: 

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    This is the flow that is not working: 

Don't really understand your OR in the AND/EN part you want to check if lights are off OR it's after sunset? The lights off should work but your second OR It's after sunsets never gonna work because your trigger will run 20 minutes before sunset so it's never after sunset  in this flow as AND/EN.

So for example, sunset is at 1800 then your flow will run at 1740 and your condition it's after sunset (after 18:00) will always be false.

What do you want to archieve, what is not working? Did you try to send yourself a message in the ELSE/Anders part that what your flow will do when your AND/EN (OR) isn't true?
  • Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
    edited November 2017

Don't really understand your OR in the AND/EN part you want to check if lights are off OR it's after sunset? The lights off should work but your second OR It's after sunsets never gonna work because your trigger will run 20 minutes before sunset so it's never after sunset  in this flow as AND/EN.

So for example, sunset is at 1800 then your flow will run at 1740 and your condition it's after sunset (after 18:00) will always be false.

What do you want to archieve, what is not working? Did you try to send yourself a message in the ELSE/Anders part that what your flow will do when your AND/EN (OR) isn't true?
    Hi @lubbertkramer

I only added the 'of' part after finding out it did not work. What I tried was "IF sunset is in 20 minutes, AND specific lights are off, then turn on those lights AND send a message to my phone.  That worked in the old house, but somehow does not work in this house.

What you see above does not work, because I only started fiddling with Homey 2 days ago, but the original flow also did not work earlier this week, even though Homey was connected to the new wifi network, etc. 

Somehow I have the feeling that the trigger is the issue, but I don't understand why.

The
  • This is the flow that is not working: 

Hi @lubbertkramer

I only added the 'of' part after finding out it did not work. What I tried was "IF sunset is in 20 minutes, AND specific lights are off, then turn on those lights AND send a message to my phone.  That worked in the old house, but somehow does not work in this house.

What you see above does not work, because I only started fiddling with Homey 2 days ago, but the original flow also did not work earlier this week, even though Homey was connected to the new wifi network, etc. 

Somehow I have the feeling that the trigger is the issue, but I don't understand why.

The
    And what happends when you hit the test button or replace the trigger by a speech/time trigger, does it trigger your ligths then? Try to send a message in the THEN just like you do also in the ELSE/ANDERS so you can see if your conditions are true (then the flow does his thing) or is false and jumps into the ELSE/ANDERS. Try to debug what is going wrong :) 
  • Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
    edited November 2017

Hi @lubbertkramer

The
    And what happends when you hit the test button or replace the trigger by a speech/time trigger, does it trigger your ligths then? Try to send a message in the THEN just like you do also in the ELSE/ANDERS so you can see if your conditions are true (then the flow does his thing) or is false and jumps into the ELSE/ANDERS. Try to debug what is going wrong :) 

I just replaced the trigger by a time trigger. That works fine: 

However, this is on a specific time. I don't want. I want to have the lights turned on 20 minutes before sunset, but somehow, that does not seem to work. 

If I change the trigger to 'sundown in 20 minutes', and hit the test button, the flow also works. However, it does not work when that moment of the day is actually there. 

• Then try to delete the middle colom and try again. So just the IF / THEN part of the flow. The first card (20 minutes before sunset) is working ok here for as long as the card excists. Have set it to 5 minutes before sunset but hey.
  • Then try to delete the middle colom and try again. So just the IF / THEN part of the flow. The first card (20 minutes before sunset) is working ok here for as long as the card excists. Have set it to 5 minutes before sunset but hey.
    Well, this flow used to work fine for me too. That's why it's confusing. Nothing changed, except the location of the Homey, in that it is now sitting in a different house, but I did not change the flow itself. 
  • Well, what happened when u deleted the middle clom?
  • Well, what happened when u deleted the middle clom?
    Then the flow works, in test mode but in test mode, it also works with the middle column as it is (I actually turned those specific lights off before testing the flow). 
  • Ok, the leave the flow like it is (without the middle colom) and check tomorrow and let us know.
  • Ok, the leave the flow like it is (without the middle colom) and check tomorrow and let us know.
    Ok, will do. 
  • And even better: Also make the flow WITH the middle colom and let Homey do another action. That way u can see what works and what don't!
    So, apparently something was wrong because after I removed the checks on if the lights are on, the flow worked today, as I got a message on my phone telling that the lights had been turned on. 
  • Very nice! Now u just need to find out what went wrong.