This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

PS3, PS4, Wii (U) & XBOX support

I would be great if you could controlle your Gaming console with Homey thrue Bluetooth.
The PS3 & PS4 can be controlled via the Harmony remote, it would be great if the same is possible with the Homey.

Comments

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited November 2015

Controlling your gaming console through Homey? Possible, sure, I'm fairly certain someone could make an app for that, but I doubt it would be practical.
    "Hey Homey, go left" would be way too slow in gaming.
    Even controlling the game console through the Homey app on your smartphone would probably be too slow to make it useful for gaming.

• I think he means turning the console on or off, or maybe start a certain game via voice control

• p0nts said:
    I think he means turning the console on or off, or maybe start a certain game via voice control

Exactly, I used Youtube and Netflix for a while via my PS3.
    I only needed to press one buton on my logitech harmony ultimate remote and the TV, Hometheater set and PS3 started up.
    After the ps3 startup it did 3 left commands and two down command followd by X on the PS3.
    This would start my Netflix.

• That should not be a problem, you can learn the home theater remote and the playstation should work via bluetooth as youve stated.

• Bluetooth sounds like a good option here, but i believe this isn't supported yet by software at the moment? Any other way to enable power on/power off events to a PS4?
  • PS4 does not allow power on through Bluetooth... 
  • Use the harmony app on homey I doing this for all IR and Bluetooth including ps3 and Xbox one working great. Harmony + Homey great couple;-)
  • AddeBCAddeBC Member
    What about PS3, anyone up for making Homey emulate a controller.  *bump* post
  • A ps4 wakeup button would be awesome.. 
    Even better. making sequences to start apps etc :)