This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

NEO Coolcam motion detector / PIR

I just bought a Coolcam motion detector and the detecting works perfect (much faster and more reliable as the KaKu sensor I'm trying to replace) but I can't seem to get it to work correctly on luminance level. Even if I set the illumination switch on level at 5 lux, the motion always switches on my lights. If I read the actual luminance level in homey it is around 120. As far as I understood the luminance switching is done in the device itself, so it should never send a motion signal if the luminance is below the preset level? If that's true then I guess the device itself is not working correctly, or it's not receiving the settings from the homey (they only save if I press the button on the device, otherwise it gives me a message that the settings will be saved when the device wakes up next time, whenever that may be...)
Is there another way to do this inside a flow? I only see an option luminance level changed, but not to what level?
Any ideas?

Comments

• You need to make a flow thats has 2 conditions.

A basic one could be.

If motion detected  on the trigger card
    And lux is above 500 
    Then switch lights.

But i guess most will wont more complex. Like when motion keeps being detected and keep the light on for a few minutes.
     Then you could also implement countdown in youre flows.
  • I have similar issues regarding the Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor. I can't be bothered with the Motion detection, but would only like to switch on the lights when the luminance is below 20lx. However the device seems only to change the 'helderheid' (luminance) variable when the motion sensor is triggered by actual motion..
    Anyone else has this issue? and hopefully a workaround for this?
  • I had the same expierences and use i fibaro motion sensor for flows that react on luminance. I didn‘t find a solution with the neos.