This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Controlling Homey with remote

ArjanArjan Member
edited November 2015 in Archive

Hi guys,

Not sure whether this question has been asked here before, but would it be possible to give Homey some specific commands with the basic KlikaanKlikuit remote. Like if button 1 "on" is pressed, all lights in the kitchen and living room are switching on, if button 1 "off" is pressed it switches all the lights of, button 2 closes all the curtains, button 3 sets the mood to cosy etc.

Would something like this be possible since it would be a great and fast way to quickly control some basic features without having the need of voice and/or the phone app.

Thanks

Comments

• I think that's exactly what Homey was made for :)

• ArjanArjan Member
    edited November 2015

Double post.

• @Fire69 I agree that i'm also thinking that Homey was made for this, but until this moments I've only seen what hardware Homey will support, not if you can control Homey with with an external device without the use of the App. In this case one of the sensor should be able to receive incoming signals.

To explain, a little further, I've used Geofencing for my Hue Lights, but as soon ad I left home my girlfriend was left in the dark. Why using a remote, if friends or family are over I don't want to have the need of using the app or voice control to switch on the lights for example.

Would be great to switch everything off with just a button if you are leaving home.

• I asked this same question quite some time ago (I use exactly this with my Homewizard) and Emile thought it a good idear :-) I believe they already have this implemented because they themself use a simple doorbell to trigger an action of Homey and the technology for the remote and the doorbell is basically the same.

• You'll probably need an app (maybe not for KaKu when it's already integrated at delivery), but I suppose that won't be a real problem for popular hardware.

This discussion has been closed.