This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for ZWC-K8/Sunricher switch

Can't get this device to be added as secure, and therefor I can't associate it to Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices. Do someone need to make a plugin just to make a simple switch work? Its a z-wave plus device.

Link to datasheet: https://www.intin.no/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/srzv9001k8dimusermanual.pdf 

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    You would need an app for secure inclusion and all the rest of the benefits of the device

And it needs the security command class, which it doesn't according to your pdf you included, so impossible to include secure
  • Ahh OK. So I can’t use this with homey and Fibaro dimmer 2 then, or is there a way to send none secure commands to secure devices? 
  • You can use them (after you made an app), just not with direct association and you will need to make (real) flows for them so that homey handles it
  • steinissteinis Member
    edited October 2017
    OK. Thats to bad. Need the direct associations for dimming or if homey is down. Hmm maybe this is not the controller for me. Think homey need to seriously take a big look at how the handle z-wave. 
  • @steinis this is not controller (read Homey) related, but device (ZWC-K8) related (limitation). Homey is able to create the required associations.

From what I read in the manual it appears that the ZWC-K8 does not support S0 security and without it, the dimmer-2 will not accept any commands from it...

Do you already have this setup (ZWC-K8 to Fibaro Dimmer-2) working on another controller?
  • Im doing a lot of controller and home automation test and this is the first
    controller I have tried which this setup is actually impossible. But the reason is just that on homey you can’t decied if you add a device secure or not. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    i would love to see you make it work on another controller with the same 2 devices.

as said before, the device Doesn't Support Security, so even if you had the option to include secure, it doesn't support it!
    It is like asking a door sensor to do motion sensing, that is also not possible.
    So either, you specified the wrong pdf (of another device), or it is just not possible, even with other controllers
  • Just add the Fibaro dimmer as non secure. Problem solved and you have a faster network as a bonus;) 
  • @steinis you’re right, but then you allways need to continue insecure (as long as you have one insecure device). 

It is a fundamental choice from Athom, but considering the new policy of the Z-wave alliance (enforcing security as of mid of this year), I can understand it...

I had a similar (fundamental) discussion with (users of) Logic Home’s ZHC5010 wanting to be able to directly control the dimmer-2.

Instead or pushing to get an insecure inclusion option, I worked together with Logic Home to define a new Firmware version that is able to connect securely, but still able to control insecure devices... #bestofbothworlds
  • I can understand that z-wave will go for the secure options in these days. But the stability and responstime is not there yet that you can have this as the only option in my opinion. 
     I will never have a complete secure network for many years anyway and is it Homeys job to be a pioneer and force this on to the customer?

Sorry but its more easy for me to just choose a controller that can add non secure devices then asking Sunricher to add a secure option to the switches. :)