This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Need for a 2 hour delay in flows.

Exile82Exile82 Member
edited October 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi guys. Received my Homey yesterday, so I am a bit thrilled to get started.
I have created some simple flows, but start wondering about a thing. 

I want to create a flow for my two electrical engine heaters. I want them to start at the same time (05:30) every weekday (Mon-Fri), and I want Homey to turn them off at 07:30. Do I really need to create two flows, on for starting them and one for stopping them? Or are there a flowcard to keep it active for just 2 hours (or between 05:30 and 07:30)?

Comments

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited October 2017
    Just a quick answer: Make a card in the right colom to turn the devices off and give the card a delay of 2 hours with the little clock icon on the top right of the very same card. Like filling 120 minutes.

Also changed topic title. Just to make it more clear.
  • Best way to keep control on it so it stays in sight is to use the app countdown.
    Let a countdown start and after 2 hours when it reaches 0 do the 2 hours later action
  • This is how I do it, turning on for two hours at 6.00 for weekdays and 7.00 for weekends. But you can put it all in one flow if you like...

And then:

• Wow, this is probably the most powerful community I have ever come across. Thank you for all your helpful responses, I will consider them all and pick one.

Thanks again