This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Qubino dimmer

Hi There

Have anybody experience with the qubino dimmer, especially the model for din rail, first of all, is I worth buying?

Second, I have a wish about som time controlled lightning, and a direct association between a push button on my bathroom, that I do not find possible today with my fibaro dimmer, my fibaro dimmer will always turn on when I send a brightness commmand to it, and want the light to turn on dimmed at night when the button is pressed, thats possible today with flows, but I would be nice if I could have more direct associations and fewer flows, so it the Homey breaks down, the light still works, and the Homey also have more power to do other things....

So my question is basically, is et possible to send a brightness signal to a qubino dimmer without the light turns on? so I can make a flow that on a specific time sends the brightness signal to the dimmer, and then when the button is pressed after that, the light will turns on dimmed...  and maybe if I make the association as a multilevel switch, it is possible to dimm the light up... if needed

Comments

• I don't have any experience with this dimmer, but i can answer your question.

It is not possible to send just a dim command without turning the light on, that is a limitation of zwave,
    It is only, turn on add a certain brightness, or turn on at the last dim level.

Some manufactures implemented a setting for it (like your fibaro dimmer has, called "force dim level" as flow card), but I don't think qubino did with the dinrail one. (at least the dimmer of qubino that I have doesn't)

There are some switches that can send a certain dim level (configured in the device's settings), instead of just on /off, but have not seen a switch that had implemented that into flow cards so you can change it on the fly