This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Dimmer 2

I have just had a Fibaro dimmer 2 module installed (by an electrician) with a 3 way retractive switch (Scolmore minigrid).

The device is paired with homey and seems to work fine in flows. On / off / dim through Homey app works fine.

On / off via the switch works, as does changing dim levels but whether you press up (on) or down (off) on the switch doesn't seem to make a difference. If the lights are on and you press up (on) or down they go off and vice versa. If the lights are on and you try to dim they will always get brighter on first long hold of switch (irrespective of pressing up or down) and reduce brightness on second long hold.

Whilst not terrible it's peculiar behaviour. Is this behaviour expected or do I have a setting incorrect somewhere?

Any advice appreciated, this is my first attempt at this!

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• Even though it has 2 inputs, the 2 inputs work a bit different then 1 = on, and 2 = off, they are meant for 2 separate (momentary or toggle) switches.

as you have a 2 way momentary switch (on - Nothing - on) (most likely) and is not supported by the dimmer 2 the way you wanted it to work, and is most likely causing you the weird behaviour you are experiencing.

the only way you can properly use it with your switch is to see both up and down as toggle, and hold for dimming.
  • Thanks, are you aware of any momentary switches that do work in a more traditional way with the dimmer 2. Or any other zwave dimmer that would behave more normally. 
  • The dimmer 2 just can't work in that way, a switch can't fix that unfortunately.

I only know (even though don't really like to recommend them because of their limited workings) of 1 brand that can work in this way, which is Tkb Home, but that will replace your switch completely.

Might be more manufactures for in wall, but all of them (fibaro and aeotec) that I know work in that way, not sure about qubino. 
    There's not that many inwall module manufactures in Europe though