This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Heatmiser not working

rafirafi Member
edited October 2017 in Questions & Help
Sorry for the language but I'm fed up with that solution. Every update is an issue. Now Heatmiser stopped working completely. Complete waste of money for that product. Every update is an issue.

modbreak:
Changed topic title to something more clear about the problem

Comments

• every update of the heatmiser app?
    last change was 5 months ago, and seeing that there are no issues reported on github, not even sure if athom knows that it is not working properly.

And frankly haven't seen any bug reports on the forum myself either.

so if you have any issue, it is best to report them on github so athom can at least look at them.
  • I'm giving up. There's always an issue after an update. I regret I've bought that hardware. There's always an issue after an update. I went off from Domoticz, hoping Homey is better. It's worse. Stability is gone.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    rafi said:
    I'm giving up. There's always an issue after an update. I regret I've bought that hardware. There's always an issue after an update. I went off from Domoticz, hoping Homey is better. It's worse. Stability is gone.
    Well just like @caseda said if you don't report it Athom will never know that something stopped working. Things can break, happens with Homey software but also on with your OS/softwaer on your mobile, tablet,laptop,console etc etc but only opening a post like this will not make it better. Software can do unexpected things, it's hard for Athom to cover everything that's why alpha/experimental is used but if nobody is using the heatmiser then it wont get reported if the problem is in the Homey OS/app.

1.5.3 is released in stable since 18 september and the app hasn't been updated since May so did you just update or?. Are you sure the problem is with Homey/the app because most thermosmarts work by an internet API and somethimes the API got disrupted

I understand your frustrated but start with reporting the issue so Athom can work on it at Github or contact support@athom.com
  • Same here. Heatmiser is broken (again) :)