This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Hallway issue

JasperBJasperB Member
edited October 2017 in Questions & Help

Hey guys, 

I got a question and hope you will be able to help me. Recently I got my new house, and in my hallway there is a somewhat annoying situation.
As displayed in the image, in my hallway I have 1 lamp, which is controlled by switch 1.
Outside of my house I also have a lamp (lamp 2), which is controlled by switch 2.

Problem is that when I come home I have to walk through my hallway, often in the dark tripping over some stuff, to turn on the light.
My idea was to put in a fibaro switch behind switch 1, and replace switch 2 with a zwave touch switch with multiple buttons. Do you know if this is possible with for instance this one. https://www.robbshop.nl/aanraakschakelaar-2-zwart-z-wave-mco

So one button would still turn on Lamp 2, while the other button would trigger a flow, turning on the fibaro switch for Lamp 1.

Does anybody know if this is possible or have a better idea?

There is no cable running from Lamp 1 to Switch 2, and no blue wires are present.

Motion sensors are no option as the lady of the house doesn’t think it’s good looking.

Comments

• This should work. I've done something si milar (but in the kitchen though) with a Zwave me Wallc-2 (https://www.robbshop.nl/zwaveme-wandzender-zme-wallc-2). I wanted to keep al wall switches the same look. Instead of using a Fibaro switch I have used Philips Hue lights that can be switched through Homey.

If the lady of the house is good looking it might be an option to send her over here and go with the motion sensors yourself :p
    Anyhow, should you incedentaly have 'Bush & Yeager SI white' wall mounted switches in your home then you can simply modify a button (well actually the teeter-totter like thing) and simply push in a Philips Hue Motion sensor. I've done this in my toilet and it looks completely normal. Best thing for you: it comes with a light sensor as well. 
  • Hmm but does one lamp remain wired to the switch?
    @TedTolboom as the creator of the MCO home app, do you know if it would work to leave one output empty at the touch panel switch (2), and trigger a flow by pushing the button which is not wired?
  • JasperB said:
    Hmm but does one lamp remain wired to the switch?
    @TedTolboom as the creator of the MCO home app, do you know if it would work to leave one output empty at the touch panel switch (2), and trigger a flow by pushing the button which is not wired?
    As also discussed on Slack, yes this is possible with the MCOHome touch panel switch.

Alternative option, which I also use at home, is to create a virtual two-way switch (hotel schakeling) between 2 switches; preferably the same devices, ie. 2x Fibaro switches, 2x dimmers or 2x MCOHome...

When you use a MCHome touch panel switch, or connect a double momentary switch (pulsdrukker) to a Fibaro switch / dimmer, you have 2 inputs.
    S1 switching the device relay and S2 which you can program...
    It is possible (without a flow on Homey) to direct associate the S2 of switch 1 to the S1 of switch 2 and vice versa if needed....