This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

switching device on through setting the brightness doesn't set "status on"

Hi, I am using Fibaro and Qubino dimmers to switch my lights on and off. What I do is, based on the time of the day,  I turn on the lights with setting the brightness instead of switching it on first. I do this like this because during the day the lights are running at a 100% and during the night at 20%. If I would turn on the light at night first and then set the brightness, I would get blinded ;-)

This approach works perfectly for me but the downside is that the lights won't get the "on" status, as you can see below.

Is this a bug or is there an another approach to achieve the same?

Thanks!

Comments

• Is that for both the Qubino and the fibaro devices? Could you add the info abou the specific models? There was a bug in the past and it can be the case that it isn’t corrected for all the devices.
  • Is that for both the Qubino and the fibaro devices? Could you add the info abou the specific models? There was a bug in the past and it can be the case that it isn’t corrected for all the devices.

Actually, it only concerns the Qubino ZMNHDD1, fibaro seems to work ok. Thanks

• Ok, then it is in the Qubino device driver for that device. Can you make a github issue for it, so Athom knows and wil have a look at it
  • Ok, then it is in the Qubino device driver for that device. Can you make a github issue for it, so Athom knows and wil have a look at it

I will, thanks
  • I personaly wouldn’t consider this a bug, but more as a nice feature.
    Imagine you are working with states (based on time or whatever) and on a state change (day to night perhaps or when you go to bed) you change the dim levels for some lights to a lower level (hallway , toilet, bathroom etc) regardless if they are on of off. Next time you trigger a light to turn on (go to the bathroom at night) your light is dimmed to a lower level so you don’t get to awake. Next morning at sunrise you change the state and let all lights get a brighter level so when they switch on you get a light level comfortable to your eyes.
    Hue works like that and I wished my fibaro dimmers would as well, may have to replace them by Qubino’s ;)
  • I personaly wouldn’t consider this a bug, but more as a nice feature.
    Imagine you are working with states (based on time or whatever) and on a state change (day to night perhaps or when you go to bed) you change the dim levels for some lights to a lower level (hallway , toilet, bathroom etc) regardless if they are on of off. Next time you trigger a light to turn on (go to the bathroom at night) your light is dimmed to a lower level so you don’t get to awake. Next morning at sunrise you change the state and let all lights get a brighter level so when they switch on you get a light level comfortable to your eyes.
    Hue works like that and I wished my fibaro dimmers would as well, may have to replace them by Qubino’s ;)
    Maybe I explained it wrong. The lights are turned on with setting the brightness. Once turned on you can’t turn them off without turning them on first (result is 100% brightness). Sounds to me as a bug. 
  • Yes, that sure sounds like a bug, didn’t get that when reading your post.