This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro dimmer 2 icm Bypass install question...

Hi all,

I have been reading into installing a fibaro bypass 2 for led lights below 25W.

I have a set of garden lights (Total 25w) and a dimmer to switch it on and dimm it.

The system is the following
http://www.toptuinmaterialen.nl/in-lite-trafo-cb-056-m-56-watt.html?source=googlebase&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8tfU7YvN1gIVwx4bCh0Ziw9fEAQYAiABEgJuYfD_BwE

So the trafo is plugged into a socket outside and the socket is connected to the dimmer inside.

In the new situation I have replaced the dimmer for a pulseswitch and a fibaro dimmer 2 behind it.......if I wanted to connect the bypass inside close to the dimmer 2 module...

how would I do that???

One end from bypass at the black wire(schakeldraad) en the other end to any blue wire in that group??

hope I make sense....

Comments

• Brown is the black wire in ur case so u are correct!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited September 2017
    Just dump the inlite bakbeest trafo. Buy a cheap and small dimmable 12v led trafo.
    they can be found below 10euros.
    Way smaller and just as good, ok better.

i use this one 
    http://s.aliexpress.com/nqimyiqA
  • the bypass will not work correct btw . these are 12v leds.

• OK thanks for your reply's.

@mruiter The inlite bakbeest just hangs outside in all weather conditions, plus it is mounted out of sight, so I dont mind.

And your remark about the bypass not working correctly......thats news to me......nobody had told me about that.

In my house I have a similar setup with 12V GU5.3 lamps.....however thats a set of 5x35W so no bypass needed.
    And that works like a charm.

If I would have changed those halogeen spots voor  5 x 3W LED I was told I would need a bypass....

I dont see how that setup is any different than the setup I have outside.....

But I am here to learn... :#
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited October 2017
    you need to place the bypass over the inlite not the 12v leds. that doesnt offer much
    But the inlite doesnt need a load. the bakbeest burns enough by itself.

The logic aka sunlight detect goes fracked if you dim it.
    It does work a bit but not always and with low loads the dimmers go in fail mode once every x time because the inlite will backfire a strange load back to the dimmer causing it to go into a fail mode.
    Its not a trafo that supports dimming.

My 20 euro ali trafo is 100% waterproof. Dipped it in epoxy , costs less then a euro.
    Only gardners buy the massive overprices old inlite wikkeltrafo.
  • @mruiter ;
    Ok so.....your solution would be to change the Trafo, and the problems with the dimmers should go away???

Guess I will have to try that then.....

Gr,
    Danny

PS in the meantime If installed a Fibaro double switch.....that did the trick as well.....but only ON/Off now.