This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

IKEA Trådfri issue

cautjecautje Member
edited September 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi,

I have 6 gu10 lamps in the bathroom and on bulb in the kichen for extending the zigbee signal to the bathroom.
The signal is srong in the bathroom.

Ik have made flows for swich on and off these 6 lamps, alraedy made a delay forevery lamp, so wait one sec, the next on 2 sec en so on.
Still always every swich on of off some lamps don't switch...
What can be done to make this stable?

THX!!!

Comments

• @cautje Do you use Tradfri motionsensors as trigger? As far as I know those sensors are not (yet) supported.
  • @cautje I regognise you problem. I try to dim 4 bulbs withn 2 meters ! from homey. Sometime 1 or 2 fail to respond. To mitigate the problem I now send the dimming value a second time 1 second later to each bulb.
  • @JanH and @Ronald_A I use the coolcam motion pir and i see this behaviour also when using a  swich.
    I already sent the 6 lamps on and of with al delay of 1 second. So 1 second for the first 2 second for the second lamp 3 secons later the thirt and so on.  When is goes ok you can see them al swicht on and of withe deleay afther one and other.
  • @cautje @Ronald_A
    Same thing for me. It's an absolute must to set manual delays for every action switch on/off. If no delay is used then most of the bulbs don't react at all. But still there is usually 1-2 bulbs that does not react (I have maybe 9-10 of them).

Just so I know what can be achieved with the setup that i have; are these problems that are widely known and accepted? Do you guys know of anyone who has a working reliable control of their trådfri bulbs with the Homey?
  • Hi, at this moment zigbee is totaly daed. It worked ok, in RC 5, later IT is broken. I sent al the ligts at once andere repeat IT 3 Times with a delay of 2 seconde.
  • magzusa said:
    @cautje @Ronald_A
    Same thing for me. It's an absolute must to set manual delays for every action switch on/off. If no delay is used then most of the bulbs don't react at all. But still there is usually 1-2 bulbs that does not react (I have maybe 9-10 of them).

Just so I know what can be achieved with the setup that i have; are these problems that are widely known and accepted? Do you guys know of anyone who has a working reliable control of their trådfri bulbs with the Homey?
    I have 10 Tradfri bulbs. No delays and no problems with switching lights.
  • cautje said:
    Hi, at this moment zigbee is totaly daed. It worked ok, in RC 5, later IT is broken. I sent al the ligts at once andere repeat IT 3 Times with a delay of 2 seconde.
    RC5? Is that the Homey firware version? Yeah might be better to do it that way instead of each light at a time in sequence. Makes it a lot less tedious to write flows.

NewTon said:
    magzusa said:
    @cautje @Ronald_A

I have 10 Tradfri bulbs. No delays and no problems with switching lights.
    That's good to know. Hopefully I can make it work too then. Thanks.
    I read somewhere in the forum one guy was changing the channel for ZigBee, maybe that's worth a shot. Plus I understand the bulbs themselves can also be upgraded with the IKEA base unit.

I can also try moving the Homey around for a bit to eliminate the possibility of this being a coverage issue.

• kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited January 2018
    Just a small additional info: you can not change the Channel for ZigBee (yet), but change the Channel the 2.4 GHz WiFi is using. It can interfere with ZigBee. Also, don’t put the WiFi router and Homey to close to each other!
  • magzusamagzusa Member
    edited January 2018
    Okay, so i tried all the stuff I mentioned above, but no luck. It's the same as before.

There is no way it will work to give all orders in the same flow without any delays in my case. Giving the orders in sequence with 1 second delay between each light gives the best result, but it's not at all reliable.

Pretty disappointing, looks like i have to go back to my old 433mhz switches for these lights, and then I might as well just use the RPi + tellstick duo setup i had before getting the Homey.

I suppose I can get a TRÅDFRI gateway from IKEA and use these bulbs separately.