This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

JUNG ZigBee radio transmitter

Hi all,

I have a JUNG ZigBee radio transmitter (ZLL CD 5004 M,, see https://www.jung.de/en/online-catalogue/283370045) and would like to use it with Homey. Is it possible to link this device, and program actions for each individual button? 

Best,
Roy

Comments

• Hi all,

I have a JUNG ZigBee radio transmitter (ZLL CD 5004 M,, see https://www.jung.de/en/online-catalogue/283370045) and would like to use it with Homey. Is it possible to link this device, and program actions for each individual button? 

Best,
    Roy
    An app needs to be made with drivers inside for the JUNG devices that define the capabilities of the devices just like other z-wave/zigbee apps otherwise it can only be linked as a generic on/off device 
  • Hi all,

Best,
    Roy
    @roydamgrave I'm currently working on an app for the Gira LightLink remote, which is in fact an "copy" of the Jung radio transmitter (they originate from the same sub-contractor)...

Currently, I'm awaiting for Athom to fix an issue where the Gira is getting stuck during inclusion (error "already paired"), which is planned for Homey v1.5.4 Once fixed, I can finalize the app for the Gira and make a copy for Jung as well.

Please be aware that Zigbee (specifically for non-lights) is still in a 'experimental' stage and several other issues might need to be fixed.
  • Does this also count for the Busch jeager zll wall switches?
  • rvmourik said:
    Does this also count for the Busch jeager zll wall switches?
    No. The Gira and Jung devices are almost identical Zigbee LightLink Scene controllers:
    see Zigbee Product Certification page 

The Busch-Jaeger Zigbee devices is a full Zigbee LightLink product line with:
    - wall switches are a combination of wireless scene controllers with actual build in relays (switch or dimmers)
    - plugin switches

I think @rogro82 is looking into making an app for the Busch-Jaeger Zigbee LightLink devices.
  • Hi all,

Best,
    Roy
    @roydamgrave I'm currently working on an app for the Gira LightLink remote, which is in fact an "copy" of the Jung radio transmitter (they originate from the same sub-contractor)...

Currently, I'm awaiting for Athom to fix an issue where the Gira is getting stuck during inclusion (error "already paired"), which is planned for Homey v1.5.4 Once fixed, I can finalize the app for the Gira and make a copy for Jung as well.

Please be aware that Zigbee (specifically for non-lights) is still in a 'experimental' stage and several other issues might need to be fixed.
    That sounds interesting. I'm not afraid for some experimental work with the devices; so please let me know if I can help you with something.
  • rvmourik said:
    Does this also count for the Busch jeager zll wall switches?
    No. The Gira and Jung devices are almost identical Zigbee LightLink Scene controllers:
    see Zigbee Product Certification page 

The Busch-Jaeger Zigbee devices is a full Zigbee LightLink product line with:
    - wall switches are a combination of wireless scene controllers with actual build in relays (switch or dimmers)
    - plugin switches

I think @rogro82 is looking into making an app for the Busch-Jaeger Zigbee LightLink devices.
    Thank you for the answer, in fact i don't have the one with the built-in dimmer/relay. I have the battery operate one, so it's capable of turning your lights on or off but is cannot control hard wired lights.

But nice to here someone is working on something (@rogro82 can you confirm?).
  • Hi
    roydamgrave..could you please let me know if the Jung 433 transmitter 48kfh will be working with the app you are developing ??..I used that RF remote control to operate some
    Jung dimmers and blind controllers  1254UDE ,CD5232,232ME
    They all work with radio-signals (433,42 MHz).  
    Anyway if I can help with anything please let me know 
  • Hi
    roydamgrave..could you please let me know if the Jung 433 transmitter 48kfh will be working with the app you are developing ??..I used that RF remote control to operate some
    Hi JorgeCastro,
    I'm not working on the app; @TedTolboom is.
  • Sorry roydamgrave...I misread the thread
    @TedTolboom would you be able to reply to my question regarding the app you are developing?...
    Thanks all

• Hi
    Hi @JorgeCastro,

I'm currently focussing to get the Gira Zigbee app up and running and will duplicate this app to be able to support the Jung Zigbee devices.

I currently do not have plans to add any non-Zigbee devices (not my expertise).
    Perhaps some other dev's are able to add support for them.
  • Hi @TedTolboom

Thanks a lot for your quick response
    I guess it was too much luck..I have been waiting for support for 433,42 MHz Jung devices but it seems less popular than I expected
  • @TedTolboom, I see that 1.5.4 is released. Do you know if the issue you raised is fixed in this release? 
  • Was anyone working on the Busch Jaeger as well? <span>:blush:</span>
  • @TedTolboom
    wilde eventjes informeren of er al iets om jung / Gira / busch-j schakelaars te gebruiken op de Homey, deze maken het wel helemaal af.

• (English topic)
    no not yet; awaiting completion of the Zigbee implementation by Athom... see also my response in your original topic
  • tommyktommyk Member
    Hi @TedTolboom,

Are you still working on the Jung switch? Is there progress from the Athom team?