This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

Logic Question - Boolean

vaderagvaderag Member
edited September 2017 in Archive
I have a Flow which sets a Boolean Value Alarm_Active to ticked

This ends up with a logic value of Yes

I have then set up a (currently test flow) to detect an NFC tag (right now, any NFC tag) and then change the status

However, no matter what I do, the status of Alarm_Active is reported as True on the notification.

Oddly, I also seem to get a new logic variable being created:

So, what I'm confused about is:
1) Why is my variable not changing state?
2) What am I doing wrong?!
And also 
3) Are all these variations still talking about the same things?! Why are there so many different representations of boolean variables? Depending where the tag is used you seem to use a tick box, it's true/false or it's Yes/No - am i misunderstanding or is this all over the place?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Is it not possible to “flip” the Boolean in the “then” colom?
  • Is it not possible to “flip” the Boolean in the “then” colom?
    That's the point - I want to set the boolean to false in that column (this is the disarm flow, so I want Alarm_Active = false / 0 / No depending where you read it) - it's already flipped to a tick in a different flow. 

Alternatively, if you mean flip to other options then they are text or numeric, which this is neither as it's boolean
  • Dunno if it's possible with "normal" variables, do know that it's possible with Better Logic variables.
    U can set the boolean to true or false then. Am not at home so cannot check.
  • Dunno if it's possible with "normal" variables, do know that it's possible with Better Logic variables.
    U can set the boolean to true or false then. Am not at home so cannot check.
    Well I've just tried with numeric variables and have the same issue... (using 1 and 0)

How do I update a variable value? I've tried the set a numeric variable card in the when column

For example:

This shouldn't do anything but check that #Alarm=1 and then change #Alarm to 0...

Instead it has the effect of creating a numeric tag called 1 whcih is set to 0 and doesnt change Alarm?
    That's not just funky, it's plain wrong...

How can we report this to Athom?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @vaderag you can't use tokens in the name part, you need to type the name there.

Is an open issue that will be probably be fixed in the new homey app, not possible to be fixed how it is implemented now.
  • caseda said:
    @vaderag you can't use tokens in the name part, you need to type the name there.

Is an open issue that will be probably be fixed in the new homey app, not possible to be fixed how it is implemented now.
    Ahhhh THANK YOU! So it was a bug (because it allows you to drag them there!)

Don't suppose you happen to know how I can interrupt and stop a flow midway through?! That's my next challenge... disable doesnt work as that just disables the entire flow...
  • There is no way to stop a flow if it already is at the "then/else" column.
    You could try to work around it if it is something you can deactivate with another flow.
  • caseda said:
    There is no way to stop a flow if it already is at the "then/else" column.
    You could try to work around it if it is something you can deactivate with another flow.
    Work around it how?
    One flow will be essentially "sound alarm", which I want to sound continuously until a deactivation command is given (say NFC on Homey)...
  • Also, I'm trying to do some logic where #Alarm_Sounds = #Alarm_Sounds - 1 - can anyone advise me how I lay this out? I've tried tags and writing it out and neither seems to work correctly...
  • vaderag said:

Don't suppose you happen to know how I can interrupt and stop a flow midway through?! That's my next challenge... disable doesnt work as that just disables the entire flow...
    Plz stop asking the same question all over the forums. And now don’t make me put the links here to the very same question.
  • vaderag said:

Plz stop asking the same question all over the forums. And now don’t make me put the links here to the very same question.
    I'm not going to make you do anything, and i'm not going to apologise for asking questions. As a new user, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling the frustration of hitting a brick wall which I imagine even you went through 2 years ago or whenever it was you received your Homey.
    In fairness, it was relevant to the conversation in any of the places I mentioned it - most people don't read every thread so if there is a relevant discussion ongoing then I don't think it hurts to bring it up in a different thread - with different people answering there is different knowledge to tap.

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited September 2017
    So u think that in a topic named "Getting Homey to play an audio file on trigger" or "OR Triggers for Alarm System" or "Logic Question - Boolean" it is ok to ask for a question like: "is it possible to interrupt a flow part way?" We like to keep the forum clean and usable for peeps searching for answers to questions they have. Now they come in a topic where they searched for playing an audio file and get questions about interrupting a flow. Like i said: lets keep it clean and searchable for everyone. Also gonna close this topic and mark it solved because i think u got an answer to ur question here. If u have any extra information for me or u don't agree with me, plz send me a pm.

This discussion has been closed.