This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Dimmer 2 + Fibaro Bypass 2 with 7x 1.5W LED's

Hey guys,

I need some help getting one of my Dimmer 2's to work...

So I've connected the Dimmer 2 with a Bypass 2 with the 2-wire configuration as shown below:

The light itself has 7x 1.5W LED's as seen below:

Initially when I turned it on, it switched the lights on and back off. After that, I added it to Homey but I can't seem to make it switch on the lights anymore.... I can see in Homey that it's active, and when I physically turn on the light, it does so in Homey too, but the lights just never come on... I should also add, that the light in the Dimmer 2 flickers green really fast constantly. 
I'm not using it as a dimmer, just as a standard on/off switch.

But since the Dimmer 2 did turn them on during calibration, I assume that it's just the settings? See here below.

The setting below were all default, I only changed the "schakelaar type", "dim functie uit", "Hotel schakeling functie" and "Forceer auto-kalibratie".

I read somewhere that by default the calibration assume that it's without the bypass, and that you manually need to re-force the calibration with bypass. However, changing the setting in Homey does nothing, and If I try to hold in the B-button on the Dimmer 2 itself to change the node, nothing happens. (it just continues flashing green).

As additional information, I have tried another Dimmer 2 previously (but without the bypass) on this lamp with the same result. After which I connected it to another "standard" light and it worked perfectly (so I've left it on that light). That's why I thought that maybe it's the Bypass 2 that was needed to make it work, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference...

Who knows how I can make it work?

Comments

• Your settings look OK and all my dimmer 2 settings are the same, except of the Maximum Brightness Level of course.

I presume that you have a transformer connected as well since the dimmer 2 only works with 220-240V loads and I see your lamp is 12V. If not, perhaps your dimmer 2 is buggered by now.

For a standard on/off switch and 12V LED maybe a Fibaro Relay 2 is a better option? The contacts of the relay are dry contacts (has no internal power) and you can then switch your 12V LED, of course still need a 12V power source.