This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Denon HEOS 1 - your experiences with Homy?

Hi there -

I'm thinking about buying a Wifi speaker with Spotify connect for the bathroom. 

I also have noticed that the HEOS line is supported by Athom. However, after doing a few searches on the forum, browsing Github and looking at reviews in the app store, I feel the experiences are pretty negative.

But I'm pretty aware of the mechanism that unhappy users will speak louder than happy users. So I'm really curious what other people would say?

PS. I'm opening a new topic because most topics seem to be really specific user problems, plus I'm asking a pre-buying question :)

Comments

• I'm running heos system, but don't have Spotify (deezer ftw) or use homey music directly, I only use the mute/unmute, pause/play and volume functionality, music itself I take care of in the official heos app.

It works pretty well, mute functions are still missing from the beta heos app (made some issues for that) but it uses the upnp core (side loaded) where it does work completely and have nothing to complain about that.
  • lenonlinelenonline Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @caseda! Super useful.

I'm trying to get a smart speaker to play music in triggers hence why I would like to utilise Homey Music. I'm okay with using a different music service if needed though :)

So would love to hear from other folks who are using the Heos within their flows and / or with Google Music / Spotify