This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

TKB Home TZ56D - Can't Add

Hi,
I am a Homey newbie. Installed the TKB Home app and tried to add a TZ56D switch but it is not being recognised.  I tried another one and that too is not recognised.  All my TKB switches were recognised by my Fibaro HC2 - although they did not work properly.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• The TZ56D is not in the list of supported devices.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tkbhome
    You could add an issue at
    https://github.com/caseda/com.tkbhome
    Can you add the model, type, id etc you see when it's added to Homey as a basic Zwave-device?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    There is no real good place that has all the id's from TKB devices, so i am reliant on the users if an id is not supported (trust me, there is a lot, and there is no consistency in their id usage)

So if you please can say the manufacturer id, device id, and product type id, then i can add them into the app.
    you can find the id's after they are included as "unknown devices" into homey, under the device's settings -> node information

@bvdbos
    it is on the supported list, named as TZ56.
    The D is just for Double switch, but is the exact same device as the Single switch with a different front plate (2 switch parts)
  • The D designation is for the dual switch version of the TZ56.

I can add the switch as a basic Zwave device and it reports it as a TZ56 with a product type id of 3
  • Well, that teaches me not to answer questions about things I don't know enough about :)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @jaylward
    i still need the product id, and for good measure the manufacter id (as there is something odd with this one with one of the types now going around)
  • @caseda The Product id is 3. The manufacturer id is 280
  • @jaylward
    those id's are already in the app for the tz36/tz56 combination, are you sure you installed the tkb home app?
  • @caseda
    I have installed v1.0.11 of the TKB Home app.  None of my TZ56s are being recognised and I am tearing my hair out. Is there any debugging I can do?
  • can you please upload a screenshot of the node information here?

never seen this behavior before, maybe also try re-installing (really delete and then re-install) the app from your homey
  • Additional question: are the devices add added as basic devices or is the inclusion process terminated with a error code?

• Tried removing app and reinstalling it.  I cannot get the TKB Home app to recognise a switch. I was able to add it again as a generic Zwave device - see screenshot
  • The screenshot shows me that it was included correctly as the correct device (title = Switch TZ36/TZ56)

If you are looking at the Device Class, then that is something specific created by the z-wave alliance to give the TYPE of the device a name (you can see it like a light is called a light), it has nothing to do with the workings of the device in the app.
  • No, the problem is that I am having to install the switch as a generic Zwave device and not as the switch defined in the app. Also, if i create a Flow including the switch, it runs fine from the software but, if I actually use the hardware - the switch - nothing happens.  There must be some sort of Zwave network glitch??
  • From your screenshot I see your switch is paired as the TZ56D and not a generic switch. As for the switch itself, do you see anything in the log (settings-zwave-stuff for geeks) when you press the button? Can you post a screenshot of the flow you're using?
  • This what I see in the log when I press the buttons on the switch - one is off, the other is on.

[2017-09-23T19:32:16.779Z] Node[2]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data: 0x0100
    [2017-09-23T19:32:28.329Z] Node[2]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data: 0x01ff

So the commands are being sent by the switch.

Here is the flow when on is pressed:

• ok, so the signals are received at the zwave part of Homey. If you add another action, like sending a message to your phone, that doesn't work either? If you install https://apps.athom.com/app/gov.nsa.logger or https://apps.athom.com/app/nu.dijker.papertrails for logging the switch and the light, do you see anything there? Maybe there's a hickup between zwave and homey-core we might find this way.

• Right - I added an action to send a message and this all works if I test the flow.  However, when I press the switch the logger only shows that Homey is receiving the zwave command as before. Why is Homey not actioning the flow when it receives this command??
  • Has anyone got any more suggestions?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    Did you perhaps change any of the settings? Tkb's working is pretty hacky because they are actually only meant for direct association, and not to activate flows(triggers) in a controller.
    And this really reliant on a few variables in the device

Please try to re-include it so all the settings are set properly (again) 
  • Still no joy. Is there another way I can trace the z-wave calls?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    Do none of the buttons work?
    You only show the right switch, but what about the left switch?

You don't have the flow disabled?
    Does the lamp turn on when you test your flow.

Does it work when you use it in a new flow?

I really need all the information you tried (you only say it doesn't work)

For debugging:
    Like I said before, it is really a hacky way, so unless you are able to install it via cli it will not be enough information to even start to try and debug it. (and even that doesn't show all the information)

As you are the only one of many users, I really don't think it is an app issue.
  • Sorry.  I will be clearer.

After much reading it became clearer that I needed to have the device very close to Homey before adding it.  So I have removed the switch and added it again.  The TZ56 now appears as a device in Homey.  I deleted all flows and created a new one which sends a message to my phone when the TZ56 is turned on.  The test of this flow works, but turning the switch on does not start the flow.  Homey is receiving the commands from the switch - see log below:

The two Zwave commands towards the top of the log are the switch being turned on and then being turned off.  Baffling!

I will now try again a complete reset of Homey and the Zwave network (removing all devices) and add devices again etc

Thanks for your patience