This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Double Switch and Motion sensor

Hi there,

I have a challenge with my setup and I hope you can help me.

I want to control my outdoor lights based on sunset and sunrise + switch them on at night if there is motion detected.

For that I have hooked up a regular motion sensor + the lights to a Fibaro Double Switch.

Homey can turn the lights on and off just fine. If I come home at night, the sensor turns the light on and after 10 minutes off again. That is all fine.

The problem is that if Homey has turned on the lights and I go outside so motion is detected - the light turns off. Not exactly what I wanted :-)

Any ideas? Do I need to change some of the parameters on the switch or do I have to change to wiring somehow?

Thanks in advance.
Jorgensen

Comments

• Do you send a "toggle" instead of an "on"?
  • From Homey I send an "on" - I dont know what kind of signal the old motion sensor is sending. I guess it just "toggles" but since it is no Z-wave device I cannot change that. So I was wondering if I could change something on the switch.
  • My Fibaro switch can be be set to switch ON of Off. My NEO power plugs can be set to ON, Off or they can Toggle (so, basically switch from one state to another, indifferent of what  the state was prior to the switching).

I think what @bvdbos is trying to make clear, is that you might be doing the 'toggle' instead of the On / Off function.

• Alright, thanks.

The switch seem to have three modes.
    1. Momentary
    2. Toggle switch (Closed = on, Open = off)
    3. Toggle Switch (Change states)

Right now it is set to 3. I will try and set it to 2. and see how that goes tonight :-)

• An update on this one.

It kind of worked :-)

After changing the mode to on/off the light did not switch off when motion was detected. However, it turned off after 10 minutes - I guess when the sensor sent a signal that no motion had been detected for the past 10 minutes.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to use a non-Z-wave motion detector afterall :-)
  • Hi.
    I have same setup an i have set it to momentary switch.
    turn the time on motion sensor down,
    An use Homey to controle the time.