This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[BETA] Philips TV IR

kukeltjekukeltje Member
edited September 2017 in Apps
Hi,

I know the status of the nl.philips.ir app is 'beta'. Since it was actively announced several devices got IR support with the Homey 1.5.0 release, I would expect these apps would get some attention and would appreciate feedback on the workings.

So I did not send an email about some issues I found/encountered but reported several issues, in github like requested, over a month ago. There was no response at all from developers and I agree with at least several others that Athom devs should not need to filter issue out of the forum and spend there time developing. Besides all this, they still might be busy doing actual developing, but at least some feedback would be appreciated as an incentive to keep reporting issues in the official way.

Cheers

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    Changed the topic title a bit so it can be used as a generic topic now for this app. I did send @bram a message to ask the developers for some more information
  • Hi @kukeltje Could you point me to the issues you have encountered? I can understand that you want some feedback. I will ask the developer to take a closer look at the issues. Nonetheless, you can always contact me if you want to know a bit more about what the status is of the issues, sometimes the dev's are so busy that they don't have time to respond to them
  • kukeltjekukeltje Member
    edited September 2017
    @Bram: uhhmmmm as stated, they are in github... https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.ir/issues (reported by 'kukel')

And keep in mind that I'm not asking for an immediate fix, some (sensible) feedback would be sufficient initially ('thanks we'll look into it' being on the edge of sufficient).
  • @kukeltje thanks, we'll look into it. No, joking! I will let the dev know to take a look at the issues. Thanks for letting me know!
  • @Bram: Any progress? A month has almost past and posting a response like "Thanks for all the effort, really appreciate the time that was put in this" is not what you all deserve... but that is sort of the feeling that I get. And I am a developer myself, so I know what it all takes. Next time it is better to **not** publish these apps as beta and still wait a little until you can put real effort in it. "Normal" enduser will certainly get frustrated about all these kinds of things...
    edited October 2017
    So I assume you guys (and girls?) do not want issues to be reported in Github anymore? I can start sending them to support email...
    edited October 2017
    kukeltje said:
    So I assume you guys (and girls?) do not want issues to be reported in Github anymore? I can start sending them to support email...
    Don't really know what you want, the app is in beta wich means it's early access before it's hitting stable. Google had gmail in beta for years. If you have issues you need to submit them by Github but you already did that as i read above but that doesn't mean it will be solved (soon) because if you take a look at the Github of Homey you see a lot of issues that need to be handled by Athom.

It's always good to contact support@athom.com if you want an answer because the forum is more a community forum where @Bram is doing his best to monitor the forum with the moderators but for the official contact that is support@athom.com :)
    edited October 2017
    @lubbertkramer: I even stated

And keep in mind that I'm not asking for an immediate fix

And what I want I mentioned that too:

, some (sensible) feedback would be sufficient initially

Heck, I'd even accept an explicit 'Does not have priority now and wont get it in the near future'. Maybe they should not have spend time on this app but on the core so that list would be shorter and no 'negative' things about this app (I also stated something like this) Besides this, If you look at the issues, you can see that for one of them, I even found the cause by investigating the code!!!

I'm a developer myself and know how things work and how devs can be enthousiastic and maybe code some things in their spare time. All known to me but I also know that I need to keep communicating.

Unlike me, 'normal' consumers will be really putt off by things like this (as can be already read in multiple topics), not working apps (fundamentally not working in this case) with all negative reviews in the app store.

And yes I filed the issues in github (as formally requested) and there was a (formal) response  (even though the forum is informal) that the devs would be informed... Still no response... That is not how commercial companies should work. And no I did not mail support (yet) since it is [BETA]. So I think I did everything right, had some patience, but 79 days and no response? Then they should call it [ALPHA] or as stated better not release it or even spend time on it at the moment.

Sorry for my rant (yet still enthousiastic, just not about this communication thing)

edited October 2017
    kukeltje said:

And yes I filed the issues in github (as formally requested) and there was a (formal) response  (even though the forum is informal) that the devs would be informed... Still no response... That is not how commercial companies should work. And no I did not mail support (yet) since it is [BETA]. So I think I did everything right, had some patience, but 79 days and no response? Then they should call it [ALPHA] or as stated better not release it or even spend time on it at the moment.

Sorry for my rant (yet still enthousiastic, just not about this communication thing)

But just to answer short to your last part is that i can answer not to complain here but mail/contact support@athom.com when you want to get the correct answer instead of posting that you are waiting for a response on the forum where the forum is community driven when you really want an answer and as earlier said only monitored by @Bram for Athom but he just went on holidays for weeks and can't hand over the forum but when you contact support@athom.com then someone else had answered your mail instead of Bram:)