This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sensibo sky

Hello everyone.. do we have anybody in here who can make homey support the Sensibo Sky unit??i DESPERATELY need it...
ive seen a guy named Jorden in here who made a synology surveillance app... in like NO time.. is it possible to send private messages then is love to throw a donation to him for helping.. or anybody else who can

Comments

• Making a app is one but the app also needs to be maintain and when a developer doesn't has the device himself that makes it harder for him to do. Maybe take a look yourself, you can always try / learn with help from the community but in that way you can maintain the app because you own the devices. Otherwise you can try to name a price and a developer on this forum can see if he can make it for you, but when Homey updates to a new version the app needs active maintenance
  • Making a app is one but the app also needs to be maintain and when a developer doesn't has the device himself that makes it harder for him to do. Maybe take a look yourself, you can always try / learn with help from the community but in that way you can maintain the app because you own the devices. Otherwise you can try to name a price and a developer on this forum can see if he can make it for you, but when Homey updates to a new version the app needs active maintenance
    Aaah yeah I get that.. I just have no idea ok how to do programming. I would LOVE to learn but I don't think I will be anywhere near productive in the near future.. from what I see it takes years to be able to make these kinds of things 
  • skandshus said:
    Making a app is one but the app also needs to be maintain and when a developer doesn't has the device himself that makes it harder for him to do. Maybe take a look yourself, you can always try / learn with help from the community but in that way you can maintain the app because you own the devices. Otherwise you can try to name a price and a developer on this forum can see if he can make it for you, but when Homey updates to a new version the app needs active maintenance
    Aaah yeah I get that.. I just have no idea ok how to do programming. I would LOVE to learn but I don't think I will be anywhere near productive in the near future.. from what I see it takes years to be able to make these kinds of things 
    I had no to little expierence with NodeJS / Javascript and made two simple apps in the app store (tweakers/amber alert) within short period of time. 
  • skandshus said:
    Making a app is one but the app also needs to be maintain and when a developer doesn't has the device himself that makes it harder for him to do. Maybe take a look yourself, you can always try / learn with help from the community but in that way you can maintain the app because you own the devices. Otherwise you can try to name a price and a developer on this forum can see if he can make it for you, but when Homey updates to a new version the app needs active maintenance
    I had no to little expierence with NodeJS / Javascript and made two simple apps in the app store (tweakers/amber alert) within short period of time. 
    did you read anywhere particular to get information or what was your approach?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    skandshus said:
    skandshus said:
    did you read anywhere particular to get information or what was your approach?
    Just used Google, developers.athom.com and the community here/on slack