This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Image Tokens for apps

VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
edited September 2017 in Apps
I see in Homey 1.5.0 there is support for image tokens.

Is this something I can see somewhere? I've been using the "Image Grabber" app until now to create the image tokens... can I now do it differently in 1.5.0? Where can I find them in flows?
Tagged:

Comments

• Apps need to build support for it, Athom only makes it available in the core but more information about it can be found at developers.athom.com
  • What is image tokens? Explained simple? 
  • exiof said:
    What is image tokens? Explained simple? 
    Capture a image and send it as a image for example to your telegram (Synology surveillance app can do this in combination with the app image grabber both in the app store ) 

It's a start for sending webcam images for example 
  • Ahh now i get the usecase!! :-)
  • To be precise, the image tokens my apps (Synology and Image Grabber) create are not the same as the image tokens Athom introduced in 1.5.0. I do think that they got the idea from me, but made it available as a standard now. I will soon update my apps to match this (better) standard.
  • jorden said:
    To be precise, the image tokens my apps (Synology and Image Grabber) create are not the same as the image tokens Athom introduced in 1.5.0. I do think that they got the idea from me, but made it available as a standard now. I will soon update my apps to match this (better) standard.
    Nice, I already experimented with the new image token in the doorbird app but found out there is no support for it yet. Having support for it in the Telegram app would be nice.
  • Great news @jorden !
    Thanks for your great Apps and work!