This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Ikea dimmer and bulbs.

Hi.
I've been trying all sorts of things with the bulb and rotating dimmer. Everything but reading the manual.

After some tests i ended up with pairing the dimmer and bulbs directly and switching the bulbs off via a relay, since dimming from dimmer to homey to bulb was quite slow.

I just now found out, that if you use Ikeas gateway you first pair the dimmer to the bulb, and then the DIMMER to the gateway. Has anyone tried that order of pairing? Does the bulb begin routing for they Homey without showing up in the network map? Instead of just losing the connection like when you first pair the bulb, and try pairing the dimmer directly with bulb afterwards.

Comments

• Maybe Homey should just be able to dim the dimmer, which in turn dims the bulb. I'm confused :D

• has a reaction-time of 2-3 seconds for me...
  • LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
    edited September 2017
    Yup, same for me :)
    With a direct association it is more or less instant. What I was wondering was if the pairing procedure that Ikea uses would be possible with homey. And have the benefit of a routing bulb and keeping a direct association.
  • I don't have the Ikea gateway, but maybe someone that does can check if pairing the bulb and dimmer, and afterwsrds pairing the dimmer to the gateway makes the bulb show up on the gateway also? 
  • Just tried it with homey, you can't pair the dimmer to homey while it is paired to a bulb, at all.