This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Dumbass needs help with Homey (basic questions, ideas)

Just_A_UserJust_A_User Member
edited August 2017 in Questions & Help
So, I bought Homey last saturday. It's epic and a shitload more of positive things. :smiley:

Anyway, since I am learning how to use it, I have questions. A lot of questions. Since we are moving to another house in a couple of weeks, I'm not buying anymore stuff for it (like Fibaro wall plugs etc) until we are in the new house. However, like I said, in the meantime: questions. 

Instead of opening a new topic for each new question, I thought it would be a smart idea to open a general topic in which to post my questions, to prevent myself from flooding the forum with topics. For now, I have a question about Philips Hue. I got the Homey to turn on my lights 20 minutes before sundown. But I noticed that the first time around, the light was almost white (I have only the coloured lights). I'm thinking there must be some way to set the color you want for each individual light, and I think it has something to do with the tags. 

However, dragging a tag doesn't seem to work (this is where the dumbass part comes in) and even if it did, you have to set some values that translate into colour, brightness, and what not. How do I find this out? 

Another question I have is; in the new house, we have a basement. In this basement, the washer and dryer are located. Since they start making noise when they are finished, you know when to turn them off. However, once they are in the basement, we will not hear them anymore. 

So I had the bright idea of buying a couple of Fibaro wall plugs, and then set Homey to send a notification to mobile devices once the power consumption (if I'm correct, the Fibaro wallplugs give feedback on the power consumption) goes below a certain treshold after being on a higher consumption before that. Because that would indicate that the devices has finished its program, and will therefor consume less power. 

Is that the way to go, or is there another, much simpler way to do it? I do NOT want to use a KaKu device that will kill the power once the washer and/or dryer have finished. First of all, after that you will have to turn the power back on, and second, the fact that those devices are finished with their program but are still ON is a little incentive (I hope :wink: ) for my wife to spring into action and go downstairs right away instead of thinking 'oh, they are not using power, I'll just stay on the couch and watch TV :wink: 

Comments