This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Yale Real Living Keyed Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD220) (Zigbee Lock)

mehakbmehakb Member
edited August 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi, 
I have a Yale Real Living Keyed Touchscreen Deadbolt (Model: YRD220) with a Zigbee Module.
Could we have a generic Zigbee Lock app that I could use to lock/unlock a door using this device?
I used this lock with SmartThings previously, worked great. I would auto-lock the door on close, using a Door Open/Close Sensor.

I'm also aware of the aim for Homey, that every smart device should have a personalized app, but for a temporary use its worth it until an app is written specific to my device. For instance, even SmartThings had a generic smartapp code for every device type. This is all assuming that Zigbee is working perfectly on rc9.

Comments

• Z-wave and i also thought Zigbee could already pair with generic on/off capability, but i think a zigbee expert will react soon to your question :) 
  • I have an on/off card on my Homey for the device but there isn't any response on the actual device when I try to turn it on/off. Hoping someone can help!
  • Hi @mehakb,
    I don't think the basic onoff command will work for this lock; it will require a specific command to open.

Homey works with dedicated apps; incorporating the ID's and drivers of the devices it is supporting aiming to provide a turn-key solution to it user.

From what I understand, SmartThings is utilizing 'templates' providing a function but with the pre-condition that the devices is programmed according to the 'standards'. I've seen several manufacturers deviate (deliberately) from these standards and implement a unique encoding...

So in order to be able to add support for this Lock, someone of the community will need to create an app and driver for it....
  • Thanks @TedTolboom for clarifying that. I'll have wait for someone to create an app for this.
  • Can someone create an app for this?