This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How does before/after sunrise/sundown work?

Good day,

Can anyone tell me when after sundown ends? Is that at 24:00 or at sunrise next day?
Same for:
- Before sundown
- After sunrise
- Before sunrise
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Well, let's say sundown is at 22.10 hours for example. Then after sundown is after 22.10 hours. Because sundown is different every day the "after sundown" is also different every day.
  • And to know when a event is triggerd (time) go to the settings page.
  • Well, let's say sundown is at 22.10 hours for example. Then after sundown is after 22.10 hours. Because sundown is different every day the "after sundown" is also different every day.
    Many thanks for the effort, but please read the question before answering.
    I am mainly interested in when Homey thinks sundown ends.
    If a flow is triggered at 23:30 and I ask Homey "is it after sundown" will he say "yes"?
    If a flow is triggered at 01:00 and I ask Homey "is it after sundown" will he say "yes"?
    If a flow is triggered at 11:00 and I ask Homey "is it after sundown" will he say "yes"?
    If a flow is triggered at 13:00 and I ask Homey "is it after sundown" will he say "yes"?
  • JPeJPe Member
    Why don't you try to make these examples in flows, then homey gives the answer, you also can send the results to a SimpleLog, so you can study the results afterward. ZoDus  :)
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited August 2017
    Ah, sorry for misreading ur question!
    1: yes
    2: no
    3: no
    4: no
    its from day to day so 00.00 resets it!
  • Many thanks. That was what I was looking for.  :)