Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general.

Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.
Ask your Homey-related questions in this category. You can also go to athom.com/support to get support from Athom.

Optimal sequence for including components?

Hi everybody,
Homey came into my life a few months ago - and the hardware transformation of my home started...
New all relevant sockets and switches are equipped with z-wave units (mostly Fibaro Dimmer 2, ZHC-5010, and Powernode 6).
No new components have been introduced for some weeks now and the z-wave mesh should have had time to reconfigure by now (?)
However, I experience long delays without obvious reasons :-(

Going through the log I've found several occasions where it says "Queue full" and looking at node-ID's I've identified, that most of the times it is when a signal goes through epecially one of my Powernode 6s.

Looking at the map over the devices in the settings page shows, that some units have a very central role in the mesh, especially my three Powernode 6s. One of them have a very large number of connections (17!). However, this Powernode 6 is actully one of the z-wave components with the longest distance to Homey physically.
A possible explanation could be, that this device is paired to the Homey recently (compared to other devices) and that I moved Homey 

As the delays are really annoying, I'm thinking about going through the process of deleting all devices and start over again (including re-programming all flows etc).

Now my question:
Which sequence should devices be added in to make the optimum mesh?
I think about leaving Homey stationary where it will be in the future and then make a setup where each device in turn will be removed from its present location, power it up and pair it to the Homey using a temporary installation just in front of the Homey and then install the device where it should be.

Should I start by pairing it with the units that end op furthest away? Or should I start with units that will end up close to Homey and work my way "away"?

All suggestions on how to make a solid and proper z-wave mesh are very velcome!!!

Chr.

Comments

• cbhcbh Member
    Might be timing asking questions not related to the 1.5 update - but is it really true nobody have an opinion on this?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Moderator, Backer - Geek Edition
    Best thing to do is to move your Homey near the places where your sensors are. As for the mesh, afaik Athom has nog control any further...
  • cbhcbh Member
    This is actuality what I did - and the result is as described: some of the last added nodes have a very central role in the mesh - even though they are placed far away...

Not sure if I understand the last sentence you wrote - do you mean, that the mesh is beyond the control of Athom/Homey?
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    cbh said:
    This is actuality what I did - and the result is as described: some of the last added nodes have a very central role in the mesh - even though they are placed far away...
    I'm not quite sure if what you want is possible. Also the graphic representation is not actually a true representation as I understand. 
    I'm experiencing something similar as you describe. I have not yet found a way to rebuilt the mesh in a way that other device connections are used. I have about 4 z-wave devices not graphically connected anywhere, but working perfect...

Normally I don't experience long delays. I have one abnormality, 3 z-wave sockets in a garden house, 2 next to each other the other only 1m away. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times one of the switches (next to each other) just doesn't work...
    This is definitely not a range issue at a distance of about 2cm. That is when all 3 switches run over the mesh. It looks more that the mesh doesn't use one of the close switches but connects directly via another switch to the homey.

Does anyone know of a method to see/log which hops in the mesh are used?