This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Oomi (Aeotec) devices

r6koelier6koelie Member
Hello,

before i knew of homey i raised a project on indiegogo called Oomi it is also a z-wave home automation system.
(www.oomi.com).  I have 9  z-wave devices of this set that i want  to use with homey, but i can't make apps myself.
they are all made with the help of  Aeotec and looked exactly the same too.  I have the RGB led bulbs, multi sensor 6 and a Door/Window Sensor 6.
I have the Aeotec app installed but this is not recognized my devices for now.
I can however include the devices as basic z-wave device but then it's not working.
Can somebody help me with this?

Comments

• @r6koelie if it looks like an Aeotec, it is most likely a rebranded Aeotec... 

The question is if it is only a rebranded device (I don't understand the kickstarter side of it) or that there are HW and SW differences...

If it is a full rebrand, it could be possible to ask Athom (owner of the Aeotec app) via a Github issue to add the manufacturer and product (type) ID's... 

if no rebrand, a dedicated app needs to be made, based on the Aeotec app...
  • djeskodjesko Member
    r6koelie said:
    Hello,

before i knew of homey i raised a project on indiegogo called Oomi it is also a z-wave home automation system.
    (www.oomi.com).  I have 9  z-wave devices of this set that i want  to use with homey, but i can't make apps myself.
    they are all made with the help of  Aeotec and looked exactly the same too.  I have the RGB led bulbs, multi sensor 6 and a Door/Window Sensor 6.
    I have the Aeotec app installed but this is not recognized my devices for now.
    I can however include the devices as basic z-wave device but then it's not working.
    Can somebody help me with this?

I got the same  :)    if you dont have the time to add the ID and so on let me know and i will !