This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Eurotronic Stella Z won't accept commands

Hi there,

i'm using a Eurotronic Stella Z thermostat. It seems to be correctly added to Homey and the current temperature is displayed correctly. But as soon as i set a target temperature for heating, it seems not to accept it (not sent to device?). The mode always sets back to "Comfortable" and the temperate is set back to 22 °C

Did anyone experience similar problems or knows what I can change?

I already removed and readded the device as well as reinstall the Eurotronic app from the store.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited July 2017
    Edit:
    App available so my answer was wrong
  • @lubbertkramer there is a app; @caseda made it... can you have a look into it?
  • @mcfrush if I look into the driver definition, which I used as starting point for the ThermoFloor thermostat driver, the current driver implementation only allows for setting the heating 1 (= comfortable) set point....

if a setpoint is changed while being on another mode, the setpoint is set with mode 'heating 1' (= comfortable)... after setting, the mode will change back to comfortable since the device will report back the new setpoint and mode...

I'm not sure if this is a device limitation; @caseda will know...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2017
    the thermostat(s) only have 4 modes, off (default 6°C), manual, comfort (default 18°C) and economic.

so unless you want manual (flows only) or economic (flows only) control, it will always go to comfort as that is the default state to be in.
    this is done deliberately as the eco temperature is returned to default (18°C) after switching away from it, and then switching back to it.
    and that the normal (comfort) temperature is only changed in the mobile card is done for consistency sake.

that the temperature goes back is probably because the thermostat hasn't woken up yet?
    it is a battery device, and needs to wake up before accepting any new information (as stated in the read me)
    this is only once an hour (for battery saving reasons)
    do you wait for this long to let it change? or wake it up manually.
  • Thanks for your responses!

I set the mode to 'manual' before setting any temperature of course. Obviously I just wasn't used to waiting for the wakeup interval to pass. Seems to work after that while.
    I've got some Danfoss Living Connect too and they will set the temperature immediately (shows up on their display). I'm aiming at setting them to 5 °C or so when a window is opened. Is that possible in any way with the Eurotronic?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2017
    @mcfrush
    I hope you do know "manual" is for percentage control (so not obvious at all), so how far open the valve is, and doesn't do anything automatic anymore, that's why it is called manual (even if the temperature has been reached it will stay open (or closed)) 

I guess you've never read the manual of your device, in the slightest and assumed it works the same way as the Danfoss

Danfoss is a different brand, and not sure how they handel it, it is not normal for a battery devices to listen constantly for a new value.
    And don't believe the Danfoss do that anyway, as the wakeup time set by homey is also 1800 seconds for that same reason (such a low wake up time is not advisable other wise)
    And seen messages of 6 commands maximum in queue before waking up

I have not seen any way to set a temperature without waking up the device, and that is not just this device, that is for all zwave battery devices