This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Rolling Code Garage Door/Opener 433MHz + Homey

Hiya,

New to Homey, and I'm sold on getting one but I just needed to check how/if Homey can save me £££'s buying garage door remotes...

I have the below controller fitted already but it's rolling 433mhz. Will Homey be able to handle this? If so, how and how challenging?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H-Yaj-ySSS5AaxnlU3N_QdQ_jOtlrK7MHKBYK0kBNns

Receiver
433Mhz E-COM AC201-17
94=U-o/ (0 with a  line through it)

Remote
A-OK AC116-03 V1.2
GV-800 (maybe 6 at the end)

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Matt

Comments

• HI, welcome here.

I cant answer your question for sure, But My guess would be 433Mhz rolling code, in Homey would be a pain in the ass.
    I would surely advise you to buy a Homey, It is fun, and handy, and ever growing to become better and bigger.

When it comes to saving money by not buying remotes....
    In China (aliexpress or so) there are 433Mhz rolling code transmitters and recievers for just a few bucks.
    I connected a receiver to my garage door push button, and have 4 roling code remotes connected to this receiver.
    Total costs: €12,- or so. Works like a charm

• You can already control it with Homey if you install a Fibaro z-wave relais switch on you garage opener button. Almost all (if not all) garage openers have the ability to connect a button to open the door from inside the garage. Take the wires from that button and connect it to the z-wave relais switch.
    Make a flow where the relais switches to on for 2 seconds.

Will it save you on remotes? Yes, if you needed more than one. You only need one zwave switch and everybody with a phone can have the right to open it.
  • bvbbvb Member
    I use a Qubion relais switch and a Vision Garage door sensor to control the status of the garage door. Over a virtual switch i can control the door over the app and with a z-wave.me switch I control it over the switch. With a flow home says "open" or "close the garage door" to get a response from the action.