This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

Where is the google assistant App?

JPeJPe Member
edited July 2017 in Archive
Where is the google assistant App?
Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited July 2017
    You don't need an app for it, on Homey you can connect your Google assistant with the assistant skill (also linked on the page ->  https://www.athom.com/en/homey/speech/#google-assistant (click view directory))
  • Yes but only if you set your phone and Home to US English which is a PITA! Voice recognition drops dramatically for me when I switch from US to UK. I also lose other services too in the switch so if you like in the UK (like loads of the backers and early adopters of Homey) then this is not an option.
    Had the same issue in three beginning with Alexa. I could either link with Homey or LightwaveRF but not both at the same time. Homey was set to work on US localisation only and Lightwave Ruth UK  The LightwaveRF integration with Alexa is so much better than Homeys.
    Doesnt seem to be any information on when this will work in the UK. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited July 2017
    chrisnash said:
    Yes but only if you set your phone and Home to US English which is a PITA! Voice recognition drops dramatically for me when I switch from US to UK. I also lose other services too in the switch so if you like in the UK (like loads of the backers and early adopters of Homey) then this is not an option.
    Had the same issue in three beginning with Alexa. I could either link with Homey or LightwaveRF but not both at the same time. Homey was set to work on US localisation only and Lightwave Ruth UK  The LightwaveRF integration with Alexa is so much better than Homeys.
    Doesnt seem to be any information on when this will work in the UK. 
    That's not in control of Athom, for example most backers live in the Nederlands (and Athom sells the most Homey's here) but Google Assistant/Alexa don't support Dutch at this moment, so we need to change our native speaking to use those skills? If you want to use them here the answer is Yes, otherwise we need to wait until those companies decide that our country is good enough to put the effort in.  

Like Alexa, the skill was first available in the US after that the UK followed several weeks later, every country had it's own acceptation criteria and process it was not one submission prcess for all the countries that support Alexa.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited July 2017
    Alexa might be a bit different tho...they had to change the code to work with UK versions since it lacked some kind of function that the US speech did had.

In other words, seems like amazon doesn't have their basics covered :)

Why google assistant isn't working for UK i dont know, but worth a shot to message athom support and ask about it.
  • Can only recommend US for GH. You get the latest services, and voice recon + integration with Homey is just great
  • hnijveen said:
    Can only recommend US for GH. You get the latest services, and voice recon + integration with Homey is just great
    In my case voice recognition is better on U.K. English as I'm English. When I switch to US English recognition drops so not everyone has a better experience with US GH!
  • swtttswttt Member
    Might be since we are used to the "American" english :)
    Plus you guys got some dialects over there that are impossible to understand (still remember i spoke with a girl from Manchester, i am still not sure what she told exactly :joy: )
  • How do I integrate Google Home with Homey? I haven´t been able to find any instructions for how to set it up...
This discussion has been closed.