This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Australian frequency Fibaro and Aeotec devices are added as basic z-wave devices

2»

Comments

• danonedanone Member
    @caseda Sorry to disturb you again, I have just purchased a brand new Fibaro door/window sensor and unlike my old Fibaro door/window sensors, this one is Z-wave Plus. And guess, what? It pairs nicely but as an unknown device.

Kindly I ask you to have this one included in the app. Thank you in advance and I apologies for another trouble!!!

Successfully included but as an unknown device: (new sensor z-wave plus)
    • Fibaro door/window sensor FGK-10x z-wave plus (product type ID 1793; product ID 12289)

Successfully included and also Identified as a Fibaro device: (old sensor, works perfect)
    • Fibaro door/window sensor FGK-10x (product type ID 1792; product ID 12288)
  • casedacaseda Member
    So you have the old new one, door /window sensor 2 is already in Europe :tongue:

I'll check all other devices as well for the Aussie frequenties when I get back home
  • danonedanone Member
    caseda said:
    So you have the old new one, door /window sensor 2 is already in Europe :tongue:

I'll check all other devices as well for the Aussie frequenties when I get back home
    Yeah, I know. In Australia everything arrives few years later after is released in Europe.  :( 
    Thanks, indeed it would be awesome if you can check other devices so I don't have to bother you again.
  • casedacaseda Member
    OK, i've updated all the devices now for their corresponding AU id's (and US id's while at it)
    and is awaiting acceptance from athom.
  • danonedanone Member
    caseda said:
    OK, i've updated all the devices now for their corresponding AU id's (and US id's while at it)
    and is awaiting acceptance from athom.
    Many thanks! I shall report back once this is approved and tested.
  • danonedanone Member
    Hmmm it looks like the guys from Athom are indeed busy as there has not been an update of the Fibaro app, yet. Or maybe the summer is too good up there in Europe and everyone is at the beach.  B)
    No complains, but I hope I can use soon my new (old) Fibaro door/window sensor.

P.S. Meanwhile almost my entire z-wave network has been migrated from the HC2 to Homey. I will share at some point in the future my experience and some things that I have learned on the hard way during this exercise.
  • I know Athom is busy getting the 1.5.0 working. But it would be nice to have this Fibaro app accepted soon as possible. Hello Athom guys? I don't want to sound like a fly buzzing. Thank you in advance for having this done.
  • I've reminded @Bram about this...
  • bvdbos said:
    I've reminded @Bram about this...
    Thanks!  :)
  • BramBram Member
    @danone I have send the developer a message to take a look at your issue! I will let you know asap when I get a response and hopefully more information when this will be fixed
  • BramBram Member
    @danone I just got conformation that with v1.5.6 your issue will be resolved!
  • danonedanone Member
    edited August 2017
    Bram said:
    @danone I just got conformation that with v1.5.6 your issue will be resolved!
    @Bram and @caseda the update came in and after I include the Fibaro Door/Window sensor it does not come anymore as basic device. So good news.
    However, when I open the info window I get this error!! Can you please advise?
    My sensor is definitely the Z-Wave plus unit. Not the Sensor 2. I tried including it as Sensor 2 or as the old sensor (non-z-wave plus) and it does not work.
    I am still on 1.3.1 firmware

• Maybe this helps you guys:
    -  I am including my door/window sensor as the "Door/Window Sensor (z-wave plus)" selection among the other two options which are "Door/Window Sensor" and "Door/Window Sensor 2" .
    The sensor pairs nicely and then I get the error from the above post.
    But when I want to exclude the sensor, I get asked "Press the button of the door/window sensor 2 three times"
    Why now Sensor 2 ?? Wasn't Door/Window Sensor (z-wave plus) ??
    Maybe a small bug in the app.
    Kindly I ask you to let me know if any more info needed... thanks a lot!

• I see what has gone wrong, and I'll see if I can make some time to fix it quickly today
  • caseda said:
    I see what has gone wrong, and I'll see if I can make some time to fix it quickly today
    Thank you and I am sorry to be so obstinate. Just excited to get all my devices right and dive into programming my Homey.
  • @caseda After the last Fibaro app update I can include now my new (old) door/window sensor z-wave plus. However the tamper alarm does not stop. The sensor is brand new, no broken lip, both inside and bottom switch work fine. When included in Fibaro HC2 tamper alarm turns off as supposed do to so.
     At least I can use now this sensor with Homey, tamper alarm can wait.
    Thanks again for your efforts.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited August 2017
    The latest commit deleted some duplicate devices. As for the tamper-alarm, could you (preferably in Github) make an issue for this noting the device-type and product-id's? Makes searching easier...
    https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/pull/167
  • bvdbos said:
    The latest commit deleted some duplicate devices. As for the tamper-alarm, could you (preferably in Github) make an issue for this noting the device-type and product-id's? Makes searching easier...
    https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/pull/167
    Thank you! On Github as requested.
  • danonedanone Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi guys, digging out this post again.
    Just purchased few more z-wave devices which type I never owned before, and they include as basic z-wave devices.
    @TedTolboom sorry for the trouble, kindly I ask you to add this Australian frequency devices in the Aeotec app.

Successfully included but as an "unknown device":
    • Aeotec ZW116-B Nano Switch (product type ID 515; product ID 116)
    • Aeotec ZW111-B Nano Dimmer (product type ID 515; product ID 111)
    • Aeotec ZW130-B WallMote Quad(product type ID 514; product ID 130)
    • Aeotec ZW117-B21 Range Extender 6(product type ID 516; product ID 117)
    Thank you in advance!  :)
  • danonedanone Member
    edited October 2017
    Anyone from Athom can help us here?? Developers of the Aeotec app?

Perhaps before future additions of new z-wave devices to a specific apps, you guys should consider asking some other countries frequency Id's before release. Not just for European frequencies since Homey is sold worldwide. I would be happy to get the Australian and NZ Id's even if I don't own a specific device I can always borrow one from friends and report back the Product ID, PM me next time.

• Maybe @caseda aka the zwave wizard can help?
  • danone said:
    Hi guys, digging out this post again.
    Just purchased few more z-wave devices which type I never owned before, and they include as basic z-wave devices.
    @TedTolboom sorry for the trouble, kindly I ask you to add this Australian frequency devices in the Aeotec app.

Successfully included but as an "unknown device":
    • Aeotec ZW116-B Nano Switch (product type ID 515; product ID 116)
    • Aeotec ZW111-B Nano Dimmer (product type ID 515; product ID 111)
    • Aeotec ZW130-B WallMote Quad(product type ID 514; product ID 130)
    • Aeotec ZW117-B21 Range Extender 6(product type ID 516; product ID 117)
    Thank you in advance!  :)
    @danone that’s a bummer...

I addressed your remarks to the lead Z-wave app developer within Athom (@RobinBolscher); my suggestion would be to add all ID’s for the supported regions by default...

I can help again... but I’d rather explain you how to make the required adjustments, test them and create a pull request to get them implemented into the Aeotec app...
    it might not be the last app to add some ID’s and it is quite easy to do...

if you would be ok with this approach, can you contact me on Slack?
  •  
    it might not be the last app to add some ID’s and it is quite easy to do...

if you would be ok with this approach, can you contact me on Slack?
    More than happy to learn! I shall contact you on Slack (if I figure out how...)
  • hey guys, just got my homey delivered today and getting the unknown device.
    Aeotec LED Globe ZW-098 product type id: 515, product id: 98

cheers