This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

[Solved] Stop Flow

RexRex Member
edited July 2017 in Archive

Hi All,

I'm searching for an option to stop a running flow. The only thing I can see is Start, Enable an Disable a flow. Does someone know a workaround?

Tagged:

Comments

• as far as I know a Flow cant be stopped,
    if it triggers, 
    and all conditions are true
    it executes all actions at the same time,  (eventually with a configured (random) delay for each action)

there is no option to stop something. 

What do you want to do ? 
  • In line with that question....

I created this flow with the purpose to do stuff once I plug in my phone in the power socket next to my bed:

How often is the flow triggered? Sure, the  moment I plug the phone in and the charging starts, it will trigger. But, a minute later all conditions in the "AND" column are still valid, it will trigger again. Is that right?
    This way the bedroom  light will start again... :-(

Any suggestions?
  • @Eternity
    I already see two possible solutions,
    You want it once and then not for a certain time:
    Add a countdown timer mycharger add the start countdown timer mycharger for (fe) 9 hours. (9*60*60 = 32400 seconds)
    Add a countdowntimer my charger not running  to the and column 

You want to start until you unplug your phone:
    Add set Boolean myphoneplugged =true in actions, and add condition myphoneplugged = false in the condition.
    Add a second flow same trigger, energy less than 1 (try what works when unplugging) and myphoneplugged = true, action set myphoneplugged = false.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @GeurtDijker

I like the 1 flow solution :-)

• cbhcbh Member
    My "bedtime-flow" looks like this:
    When I place my phone in the dock (connected to the PN-6 in the flow) it triggers a flow shutting down the house for the night.
    However, if I just forgot to set the alarm on the phone or whatever and release it from the dock, there's no need to run the flow again two minutes later...

As I have work including being on call during the night, I've made the "one hour limit" instead of a more rigid "once every night"-bolean variable or something like that :-)
  • Hey, I like the Candy App solution! Have that installed to restart the Harmony App... Never knew it could do this trick with a flow! 

Thanks @cbh
  • RexRex Member
    as far as I know a Flow cant be stopped,
    if it triggers, 
    and all conditions are true
    it executes all actions at the same time,  (eventually with a configured (random) delay for each action)

there is no option to stop something. 

What do you want to do ? 

Hi Geurt,

Thanks for your answer.

I have two flows,  one to switch my lights in the livingroom on and another one to switch the lights of. The last one to switch the lights of is working with delays and the trigger is 23:00. But when somebody is still in the living room I want to start the flow to switch the lights on and want to start with a command to stop the flow to switch off the light.

• How do you know if someone is still in the living room? Is this done by motion detection? If this is the case you could make a flow that reacts on the motion. This flow will set a flag to 'true' when someone is detected. next with a timer this flag is set to false again. 

So in the 'lights off' flow you check if the time is >= 23:00 and if the flag is set to false. If both are true.. you can turn of the lights.
  • RexRex Member

The trigger is time (23:00).

But I want to interrupt the flow (STOP) for example when there are visitors when the lights are switched of.

And to prevent that we sit in the dark that all the lights are switching off the flow is switching off 4 different lights in the living room with a delay from 1 minute each. In this situation I want start a flow (with a remote control) that is stop the flow that is switching off the lights and start the flow again that is turn on the light.

When I start only the flow to turn on the lights, the flow that is still running that was started at 23:00 is still switch off some lights.

• When i have visitors i switch on "party modus" from the virtual divices app. In the middle flow collum you can add if party modus is active. This disables lichts and shutters in my flows. When party modus is off everything functions normal. You can switch the partymodus in homeys home screen on your phone.
  • RexRex Member
    edited July 2017
    When i have visitors i switch on "party modus" from the virtual divices app. In the middle flow collum you can add if party modus is active. This disables lichts and shutters in my flows. When party modus is off everything functions normal. You can switch the partymodus in homeys home screen on your phone.

That’s true but still after I have seen the suggestions (Thanks for those) I think that to switch off a flow is the best solution for me. I am used to do it also in the scenes (flows) with KAKU that I still use in combination with Homey and that was great when you use flows with serval delays.

Maybe I must look for an option to control my KAKU with Homey so I can switch of the flows :)))))))))))

I would be a nice option to be able switch off a flow in a future version!!

• jprgometjprgomet Member
    edited October 2017
    Rex said:
    I would be a nice option to be able switch off a flow in a future version!!
    +1

e.g. let's say I have a physical button that when once pushed set state "away" (waits for 10 sec and then turns off the light and rolls down the shades), but I hit it by mistake, so once again (or double tap) to set it to "at home mode" (turn on the lights and rolls the shades up) I will get both flows running, lights turning off and than back on.
This discussion has been closed.