This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

The shame of loosing all the Dutch expertise

Hi,
As a newbie, this forum is brilliant when trying to get hold of the details.
I hope you will see this as a suggestion to the Dutch-speaking who share your experience - as it's really great to get, very useful, and I'm grateful you do it!

However, it is such a shame, that quite often, screen dumps are from the Dutch version of the software and variables named in Dutch.
Of course, it is still a help - but how fabulous it would be, if people used English when naming variables and perhaps even changed the software to English when doing screen dumps?

Again, I'm happy you share - but it would be so much easier to use for us non-dutch-speaking persons - only an idea for making your advice even more valuable :-)

Best regards!
Chr.

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2017
    Great idea but changing just the language of Homey doesn't change variable or naming that is used in the cards or for devices/zones. In Holland we will not say Kitchen but Keuken for example and that also needs to be changed. I agree that screens are mostly Dutch but you can't blame a native Dutch speaker to talk Dutch to his / her Homey. If a good explanation is added to the screen you can make your own logic/flow out of it i assume? I don't think this problem can be really changed because changing the language also changes the speak / listen language of Homey, not only UI/OS (for now)
  • swtttswttt Member
    Ofcourse you can allways request the poster to "translate" certain cards or variables.
    Maybe it's time for someone to create a nice photoshop or sketch UI kit, so we can create the flows within those programs just for demonstrating...might be some more work then just pressing printscreen tho :/
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    I see 2 extra options:
    - use google translate (works very well normally)
    - learn the Dutch language (very good for your personal development :))
  • Or ask, I am 100% sure somebody will be willing to help.