This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Devices to scare off unwanted people sneaking around the house

Hi guys,

my homey is currently shipping and will be with me soon. I have a lot of devices already that can be linked together on Homey but I have something specific in mind.

I have a Verisure alarm on the inside but I would like to have something that scares off any unwanted people sneaking around the house. 

I would like to use a wireless motion sensor that picks up movement and when triggered I would like to have some kind of outside "siren" sound a specific noise / small strobe light go off. The sound should not be a 90db full-blown siren (and should be battery-operated) but something that beeps or something like that. Not enough to wake anyone up, but enough so the unwanted guests leave before they try to get in.

Anyone know which devices could be used on Homey to make this happen? 

Thanks guys!

Comments

• rtnartna Member
    Take a look at Z-Wave Coolcam Neo products. They have motion sensors (indoor) and sirens:

https://coolcam.nl.aliexpress.com/store/1196544

• Cool! Exactly what I needed. Siren has light + you can select one of 10 sounds. In combination with a zwave motion sensor this could be exactly what I'm looking for <span>:smiley:</span>
  • Joske522 said:
    Cool! Exactly what I needed. Siren has light + you can select one of 10 sounds. In combination with a zwave motion sensor this could be exactly what I'm looking for <span>:smiley:</span>
    Beware a z-wave motion sensor could be to sensitive. i have got 2 Everspring SP103 motion sensors they also react on little birds en mice so in that case you wouldn't have much sleep
  • Would you suggest a simple 433 outside pir instead of the zwave one?
  • Joske522 said:
    Would you suggest a simple 433 outside pir instead of the zwave one?
    My only experience is withe the z-wave. i have no solution