This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tidal media implementation started but.... some things still 'open'

Hi,

I started working on getting Tidal to work with Homey media. And to my surprise basic functionality like searching for 'something' and getting it to play on my Denon HEOS1 was not that difficult (using a fixed configured account).

There are some things though that I'd like to get some information on, maybe someone can help me without me creating some an account on another music service and debugging that:
  • What should I put in the 'track.duration'. Tidal returns the duration in seconds which is not good as it seems (0 is displayed), formatting it as a mm:ss is not working either so there is not much else to try (unless I need to format it as a full '00:00:00' which I did not try now I think of it)
  • I do not seem to be able to use playlists from there. I have an api call that I can use in a flow which dumps all tracks to the Homey.log but I have not seen any way to get it into the media player. I looked at what soundcloud does and I am doing the same but I do not see how the soundcloud 'getPlaylistTracks' is triggered.
For a real first 'beta' release I still need to create some account management page config storage and implement some automatic 're-login' if the session expires.

If Athom is interested, I can 'donate' this code so that it can remain in their github and no need for me to maintain my own. I will ofcourse keep developing on that.

Cheers

A recent but enthousiastic Homey user (all seem to work fine except speech recognition is not always right)

Ronald

Comments