Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.
[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)
Control Xiaomi Mi Home Wi-Fi devices and Yeelights
Use Homey to control Xiaomi Mi Home devices (the Mi Home Ecosystem is also branded as MiJia). Currently Xiaomi does not officialy support controlling most of it's devices from outside the Mi Home app with the exception of Yeelights. Yeelights can be added to Homey quite easy but for all other devices additional steps are needed that require technical skills setting up. These steps are described in the readme in the app store but Xiaomi can make changes to it's eco system at any time resulting in devices that can not be added or controlled by Homey anymore.
This app uses an unofficial library called the miIO Device Library for communication with those devices whoch lack official support for controlling externally, credits go out to the author of this library. This Homey app also only adds support for the devices that can be controlled directly through Wi-Fi, there is a whole range of Mi Home sensors that can only be used together with the Xiaomi Smart Home Gateway (which uses ZigBee) but this is currently out the scope of this app.
Adding miIO devices
For Homey to be able to communicate with devices over the miIO protocol a unique device token needs to be obtained. Technical knowledge is needed for retrieving these tokens. If your are not to tech-savvy using this app for any other devices than the Yeelights might be challenging. See the instructions here on retrieving device tokens.App Store Page: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-miio
Latest version - 2018-07-08 -- v2.7.0
- Merged Pull Requests by Bas Kiers
- - FIX: Yeelights connection issues (sending commands while Yeelight is connecting and sending multiple commands)
- - NEW: Add support for Yeelight with model identifier ceiling1
- - NEW: Add action card for setting night mode, available for (some) Yeelight ceiling lights
- - NEW: Auto toggle nightmode when setting brightness to 0 or 100 twice within 5 seconds
- UPDATE: Update docs, the latest version of the Mi Home smartpone app dont hold the token in the database anymore.