This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Controlling ventilation system 0-10v

Hi

Does anyone know about a (preferably) Z-wave module, supported by Homey and that can output 0-10v to control my ventilation system? If yes, do you have experience with it (read: does it actually work ?).

Thanks

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2017
    the only z-wave module that i know of is the qubino ZMNHVD1 (0 - 10 volt dimmer).

but have no experience with it, it is supported by homey.

have used the kaku version as an LED dimmer, but the 30% lowest dim level... (which makes more a 3 - 10 volt dimmer) is not that good, for at least dimming LEDs
  • I have the Qubino module that Caseda mentioned. You need to sideload a special version of the Qubino app at the moment, but it works perfect here.
  • YvesGeffensYvesGeffens Member
    edited May 2017
    Great !
    Is that special app available on github or some place ?

• kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm using the 0-10v of Qubino for several months with the official app. Works great! Using it with a tempsensor attached with a stork comfofan. You even don't need a power supply for the Qubino, it's powered from within the 12v inside the comfofan . Sideloading isn't needed! It is supported since thefirst version of the Qubino app. I know for sure because i published that app and later Athom had taken over to further develop and support several Qubino devices.
  • SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited May 2017
    My bad! You can use the official Athom app indeed. I had the Qubino DC shutter in mind! This one needs a sideloaded app. The 0-10v module doesn't and works very well with the standard app.
  • Thanks for the input.
    Great to hear that I even can attach a temp sensor. I still have some left from my fibaro modules. I assume I can use them too?

• What model are the tempsensors? But you need a connector to attach them. I found them on Ali. ZH 1.5 mm 3 pins JST connector plug with wier cables. But be aware not to connect the colors 1 on 1, they don't match!
  • I found this:
    type: DS18B20
    on this page: http://manuals.fibaro.com/document/fgk-temperature-sensor/
  • Jip, you can use them but you need the jst connector to attach it to the zwave module
  • Deef_KDeef_K Member
    Robbshop has a howto but not tested with a fibaro rgbw controller

https://www.robbshop.nl/domotica/z-wave-projecten/z-wave-badkamer-ventilatie

• RebtorRebtor Member
    edited May 2017
    Do you want to dimm it between 0 and 10 V or just turn it on and off and is that 0 - 10 volt the only thing availible or do you have 220v also..
    The fibaro dimmers can't dimm low voltage / low wattage but you can use a fibaro relay module at low voltages because the switching relay's are seperated from the line-in of the module.