This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Good Morning flow

dbonsaksendbonsaksen Member
edited May 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi,

What would be the best way to build this flow?

1. Saying: "Ok Homey, Good morning"
2. Homey reply: Good morning, Would you like some coffee?
3. If I say Yes, Homey will start the Smarter Coffee machine.

So basically some sort of confirmation there.

Im new to homey so a bit unsure how this would be done in a good way.

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2017
    Just as you say it it's already fine :) Homey recieves voice in the IF (Als in dutch) (ok homey are you awake (goodmorning is not a word you can use, it's a build in commando already) in the AND(en in dutch) column you ask for confirmation and in the Then (dan in dutch) you do your thing for yes in this case.  If you wait for 1.3 (wich we are  testing at the moment in alpha (DP) as talked in the software updates from Athom) you can also use the Else (anders in dutch) so when you say no Homey can also do something in one flow.

• glijieglijie Member
    edited May 2017
    @dbonsaksen

Use these 2 flows with :
    Somebody wakes up

and activate a flow with your question etc...

You hust have to say "Good Morning" and homey tells you goodmorning and after that the question if yu want some coffee.

@lubbertkramer this way you can use the build in speech "Goodmorning" and more. Nice to Know

• @glijie i use speech for a minium, i believe if you automate enough speech is not needed but thanks for the tip :) Above was only to answer the question how it could be done in one flow :) 
  • Thanks both!

I guess I will try both versions out once the 1.3 update is available!