This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-wave network question

I just bought myself TKB sockets. I succesfully added them to homey. Now I have a question regarding z-wave. Isn't one of the strong points of z-wave that all devices will form some sort of mesh network to get communication going? If so why do I see something like this:

As you can see there are 4 z-wave devices.

1. First of all I don't know where 14 came from. Is there a way to detect which device that should be?
  2. Second why aren't the devices connected to each other? 21 and 16 are TKB devices and 12 is a Zipato. Where 21 and 16 are connected to a wall plug and 12 is a motion sensor battery powered. Will these devices eventualy build a mesh network or not? 

Comments

• fiekfiek Member
    edited April 2017
    I asked this question also once on slack. The answer was that the map is not reliable and if the devices work, you can ignore the map.

You can remove the unknown device through settings page and then the z-wave section. To identify which device this is you can try and look for the device that doesn't work and then remove that one. If all devices work then it is a device that was succesfully paired the second time, so it could be 21, 12 or 16. Maybe then you can reset your z-wave network and start again.

The unknown device is a device that didn't complete the pairing proces and will be automatically removed in a future firmware update i read on slack. But the unknown device does no harm in your z wave network so you can leave it there
  • FYI, I have something similar. Device 2 did have a line as well at one point in time.

• fiekfiek Member
    edited May 2017
    My z-wave map didn't change after adding devices