This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Logic operators

I'm thinking of replacing my Homewizard by Homey. One of the reasons is the limited logical operation possibilities Homewizards has to offer. Searching in the Homey forum I noticed that Homey offers a lot more logical operations, however I can't find a complete overview about the possibilities. Is there such overview? Furthermore are operation like "if then else" and "or and" also possible?

Thx, Rob   

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi Rob,

Currently, you have 3 columns.

IF => activator/trigger, the event that has to happen for your "flow" to start
    AND => this is a list of logic that has to match
    THEN => this is what need  to happy if "IF" and "AND" are all true.

For as far as I understand, "else" and perhaps "or" is coming in the near future.

A complete overview is impossible to create, because every app that you install has different "If", "and" and "then" possibilities.

For example, the Telegram app has "A message was received" with a "Text" token for the "IF" column, and "Send a message" as the "THEN" column. No cards for the "IF" column.
    The token can be used to combine with other builtin logic cards but also with some other apps, like the Better logic app.
    For example, I can create a flow:

[IF] Telegram message was received,
    [AND] Telegram text contains the word "change" 
    [AND] Telegram text contains the word "Hue",
    [THEN] Set random color for Livingroom HUE light
    [THEN] Set random color for Hallway HUE light

The possibilities are endless.
  • Else and Or are coming. They announced it official in the  software update from 17 march -> https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/48551/#Comment_48551
  • Thanks all for your replies!
  • OetAelse said:
    Thanks all for your replies!
    Don't forget that flows can trigger flows, that there are multiple ways to use timers or countdowns and that you van use variabels/states.
    With this, you can do EVERYTHING!
    - For loops,
    - While loops,
    - Trigger after ...
    - Countdown to ...
    - reset countdown to ...
    There are a brunch of populair apps which help you manage your variables, states and counters.

Tip: there is even a home wizard app for a easy transition.