This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey User Interface

honeyhoney Member

Hi folks,

Probably many of you has already seen it but it was new for me. For those who haven`t seen it you can find more info about the concept behind the GUI: http://essay.utwente.nl/67146/2/BO_Derksen_Ivo_05-15_Public.pdf Something to read while waiting for the next update/shipment.
Brilliant, well done Ivo.

Comments

• Wow. Normally I'm not the kind of guy to give these kind of comments, but I read the Dutch "Samenvatting" and I was shocked by the writing. Wrong phrased sentences, comma's on places they don't belong, no comma's where they should be, etc.
    If this assignment is already rated by the examiner I'm really curious what the result was! :)

• honeyhoney Member
    edited July 2015

The visual language is good though. Its such a pity that the widgets wont be part of the app.

• Michael said:
    Wow. Normally I'm not the kind of guy to give these kind of comments, but I read the Dutch "Samenvatting" and I was shocked by the writing. Wrong phrased sentences, comma's on places they don't belong, no comma's where they should be, etc.
    If this assignment is already rated by the examiner I'm really curious what the result was! :)

im guessing it was late when he made that...

• @Michael en @Kriebelkous
    Yes it was late! It is also not my most powerfull tool, a write-up. I like visualizing my information :) Sorry!

This report is done for my bachelor, but I'm still active in the team working on icons, UI elements and other projects. What in my opinion matters most, is input from users, which will be possible very soon!

• IvoDerksen said:
    @Michael en @Kriebelkous
    Yes it was late! It is also not my most powerfull tool, a write-up. I like visualizing my information :) Sorry!

This report is done for my bachelor, but I'm still active in the team working on icons, UI elements and other projects. What in my opinion matters most, is input from users, which will be possible very soon!

Very cool that you responded to that message. Props to you

• IvoDerksen said:
    @Michael en @Kriebelkous

No need to say sorry of course! The visualization made it up :) Excellent work. I really liked the icons and the sketching in the document. Looks like it's going to be a very useful tool.

This discussion has been closed.